Role Title: Smart Operations Advisor (Temporary)
Hours: 40 hours over 5 days, Monday to Saturday
Salary: £10 per hour
Location: Colindale, North London
Hello, we're Utility Warehouse
We help people get on with their lives and spend their time how they want to. And we’re bringing together a nation of self-starters to build a different type of utility company.
One where partners can run their own business and reach the goals that matter to them.
For customers, we offer permanent peace of mind. One bill, great value and no need to ever switch again.
And for our people, we provide clear opportunities to help them achieve both their professional and their personal ambitions.
A bit more about us
You probably won't have heard much about us, but we're one of the UK's biggest, home-grown success stories of the last 20 years.
We're a FTSE 250 business and knocking on the door of £1 billion in annual revenue. But in two decades of phenomenal change and growth as a business, there are two things that have remained constant:
- We bundle together all our customers' household utilities and send them a single monthly bill
- We don't promote our services directly to customers - we have 40,000 partners around the country who recommend us
And we know we’re onto something - we were the Which? ‘Utilities Brand of the Year’ in 2018 - but we’re only just getting started...
Who we’re looking for
Smart Energy is at the heart of our customer proposition at Utility Warehouse and we aim to deliver each one of our energy customers smart technology over the next few months and years. To help us achieve this, we are setting up a new post-installation team to support and problem-solve for our customers during this change.
In the role you will:
- Recover failed smart meter commission attempts after an installer has left the customers home
- Contact customers by phone to remotely commission smart meters, directing the customer to support the process
- Take inbound calls from field agents to support remote commissioning of smart meters, directing the agent where appropriate
- Diagnose issues to set customer expectations about call length and support required
- Working with internal systems to send requests to customers meters and in-home displays so customers can benefit from being able to see their energy usage in real time.
More about you:
- Experience providing customer support for connected devices, e.g; wireless routers, mobile phones, smart meters, smart home devices (preferred)
- Customer service and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to complete tasks efficiently and within deadlines
- Positive and proactive outlook
- Willingness to take ownership and find solutions
Don’t forget though, you’ll need to be eligible to live and work in the UK.
The fine print
This is a 12 week temporary assignment working with our team. Your working hours will be 8 hour shifts between 8am and 8pm - Monday to Saturday on rotation. We may look to offer a position on a permanent basis thereafter.
Want a sneak peak into what it’s like to work for us?