Would you like to build your career in one of the UK's fastest growing companies? We pride ourselves on delivering award-winning customer service. If you take pride in what you do – come and join us!
About the role
UW Home Services - part of Utility Warehouse - will be providing smart meter installation and maintenance services to Utility Warehouse energy customers.
We are looking to recruit an Operations Support Advisor to support the operation by monitoring and ensuring that the field operations are running as smoothly and efficiently as possible throughout each day.
The main responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Monitoring engineers and ensure that jobs are attended in a timely manner
- Rescheduling appointments with customers where appropriate and inform engineers of changes to their schedule
- Reacting to ‘on the day’ issues calmly and effectively whilst following procedures
- Increasing the percentages of appointments attended and reduce missed appointments/aborts
- Adhering to both Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety Policies, ensuring that you maintain good practices at all times
- Working as an effective team member, in particular working closely with and supporting other team members to ensure the most efficient running of the Engineer's schedule
- Always positively represent UWHS whilst preserving business integrity
- Monitoring and tracking engineer activity and flag up issues where necessary
- Be responsible for confirming customer appointments
- Handle incoming emergencies and dispatch jobs appropriately to the most relevant engineers
- To be a point of contact for enquiries from internal staff, engineers and customers
We are looking for an individual with an analytical mind, who offers great enthusiasm and who welcomes and adapts to business change in a positive manner.
We require that the candidate has:
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent customer service skills
- The experience and the ability to think logically and to plan appropriate routes/jobs to ensure you’re maximising resource and activity.
- The ability to drive our culture & values from within the team
- A thirst for knowledge enabling you to continually stay up to speed with the fast-paced nature of the utilities industry
- The ability to work under pressure and deliver within tight deadlines, to prioritise own workload and work with initiative
- Exceptional organisational skills particularly in time and diary management
- The ability to handle diverse workloads
We would also prefer you have:
- Operational knowledge of domestic/smart metering
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of multiple operating platforms
- Strong geographical knowledge
- Experience in managing field activity including the ability to highlight key issues that could have a significant impact on operations.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK
What we offer
As a FTSE 250 company we offer stability and career progression. Unlike other large companies however, we continue to have a welcoming, family feel. That’s probably why lots of the team who joined us from the beginning are still here.
The job is a full time (37.5 hours) permanent contract with usual working hours of 8:30am – 4:30pm (although there is some flexibility with this).
The salary banding for this role will £18,000 - £20,000, depending on experience. You’ll also benefit from 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), free parking, an annual salary review, life assurance, a contributor pension scheme, staff discounts and much more!
We embrace both diversity and inclusivity. So, we’ve built a culture where everyone counts – one where you’ll feel valued and respected.
- We’re the UK's only fully integrated utility services provider – covering both the communications and energy markets.
- You may not have heard of us though, because we don’t waste money on expensive advertising. Instead, our growth has been fuelled by 'word of mouth' recommendations.
- And it works – we now have over 600,000 customers, 40,000 Partners and a team of 1,000+ at our NHQ in London.
- We’re passionate about delivering excellent customer service and this is a passion that runs right through the company.
- That’s why we’ve won so may awards – including the Which? Best Utility Supplier of the Year 2018 award.
UW Home Services is based in Bolton, Greater Manchester, just off the M61 motorway and can easily be accessed via a short commute from the Greater Manchester & Lancashire regions.