Role Product Manager - Energy
Start date Immediate
Location Colindale, London
Contract type Permanent
Hello, we're Utility Warehouse
We help people get on with their lives and spend their time how they want to.
And we’re bringing together a nation of self-starters to build a different type of utility company.
One where partners can run their own business and reach the goals that matter to them.
For customers, we offer permanent peace of mind. One bill, great value and no need to ever switch again.
And for our people, we provide clear opportunities to help them achieve both their professional and their personal ambitions.
A bit more about us
You probably won't have heard much about us, but we're one of the UK's biggest, home-grown success stories of the last 20 years.
We're a FTSE 250 business and knocking on the door of £1 billion in annual revenue. But in two decades of phenomenal change and growth as a business, there are two things that have remained constant:
We bundle together all our customers' household utilities and send them a single monthly bill
- We don't promote our services directly to customers - we have 40,000 partners around the country who recommend us
And we know we’re onto something - we were the Which? ‘Utilities Brand of the Year’ in 2018 - but we’re only just getting started…
What we’re looking for
Energy suppliers have a poor reputation when it comes to customer service and we want to change that, we really believe we can stand out as the UK’s best energy supplier by using technology as an enabler to provide great customer service:
- We’re looking for a highly motivated, driven and ambitious individual that is passionate about understanding our customer and business needs and will work hard to ensure that our product meets them
- Jointly with the Senior Product Manager for Energy you own the product roadmap linked to company objectives, which considers competitor threats, industry changes and internal legacy system challenges
- We are going through a lot of change across the organisation and require you to work in an ever changing, collaborative environment, flexibility is the norm
- There will be regular engagement with stakeholders collecting feedback, demonstrating new ideas and features
- You know how to prioritise ideas and requests and have a good eye for value and detail
- Experience in the energy industry is not essential, we don’t expect you to know everything but we expect you to learn with the team, providing the right context
A bit more about you
You might have worked closely with other product manager/s in previous roles but equally with Technology teams - you bridge that gap perfectly.
You understand data. The establishment, tracking and interrogation of key metrics on an ongoing basis to understand what is happening and why is of vital essence.
You are a result driven strategic thinker.
In a nutshell you are hardworking, tech-savvy, commercially-minded, ambitious, good with people, hungry, a driver of change, inquisitive, not afraid of failure, appreciative of thoughtful UI/UX design, comfortable with data
What we’re offering
The opportunity to join an established but dynamic business that’s going through significant change and still has huge growth potential.
A very competitive basic salary, some great benefits and the potential to join our share option scheme.
And by helping us achieve our business and brand goals, you’ll be one of the most sought-after marketing talents in London.
Get in touch
If this role sounds like it was made for you, then do please get in touch.
And if it doesn’t but you still like the sound of Utility Warehouse, then drop us a line anyway - we’re hiring in all sorts of positions across the business.