We may be a FTSE 250 Company with year on year growth, but at heart we still see ourselves as an entrepreneurial challenger with a strong family-feel. You can leave corporate jargon at the door here at Utility Warehouse and just be yourself!
We stand out as the UK’s only fully integrated provider of a wide range of competitively priced utility services, spanning both the communications and energy markets. Our growth is based upon ‘word of mouth’ recommendations…. and grow we do, because we are passionate about delivering excellent Customer Service, the hallmark of our Company, which runs through everything we do.
With our stunning and modern network headquarters based in Colindale, North West London, we are easily accessible via the Northern Line and are a short drive from the North London, Middlesex and Hertfordshire areas (M25, A1, M1, A5, A40 and A10).
What we offer
At Utility Warehouse we offer stability, career progression and a workplace that manages to keep its family feel, not something many other large companies can boast!
We have built and maintained a community feel where we strive to make every member of staff feel valued, supported and most importantly a part of our family. We have fantastic onsite facilities including a subsidised canteen, chill out areas and a very active social calendar - whether you fancy joining our CEO Andrew Lindsay for breakfast to find out more about what’s going on at UW or enjoying movie night at a screening in our auditorium – there is something for everyone!
And we’re growing fast - so we are looking to add a Payroll Specialist to our quirky and hard working team.
For this position, we offer a competitive basic salary, support for professional development, as well as a wide-ranging benefits package including 25 days’ holiday (in addition to bank holidays), free parking, an annual salary review, share options, Pension, Christmas Bonus, staff discounts and much, much more!
About the role
We are not like your normal HR team, in fact we like to call ourselves People and Culture.
The People and Culture team are responsible for both our employee engagement and payroll & benefits functions, working closely together to ensure that our staff are looked after from all perspectives.
We champion the culture in the Company; we all work together to ensure our staff feel cared for and that creates a warm, fun, friendly and family-like feel within our department, which is reflected in every connection we have with our colleagues.
Your role will be to provide strong Payroll Specialist support, working closely with our Finance and Management Teams taking responsibility for the process and administration of our 4 monthly internal payrolls for 1,350 employees across 2 locations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Acting as the main point of contact for all staff payroll queries;
- Advising managers and staff on statutory rights/payments and Company procedures;
- Receiving and applying payroll amendments from government and regulatory bodies (i.e. tax code changes, CMS deductions, attachments of earnings etc.);
- Calculating and administering temporary and permanent salary amendments (increases, pro-rating part time salaries, holidays etc.);
- Processing overtime, unpaid absences, canteen spend and other ad hoc payments on a monthly basis;
- Managing the administration of payrolled employee benefits including staff loans, salary sacrifice schemes (Cycle to work), canteen payments, life assurance, health insurance, sharesave schemes and other company benefits as required;
- Processing Year end tasks Responsible for ensuring compliance with all statutory legislation as well as relevant company policies;
- Assessment of the current payroll processes and related documentation, helping to implement appropriate changes to achieve an efficient payroll environment;
- Reconciling time and attendance system with payroll software to ensure data is accurate;
- Administer Annual Bonus, Salary Review and Gender Pay Gap reporting;
- Assisting the Payroll and Pension Manager with adhoc tasks when required;
- Advanced Excel and Microsoft skills, eg. ability to use Vlookup and Pivot tables;
- Ability to reconcile data between systems;
- Knowledge of monthly payroll accounting closing cycles;
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills;
- Good team player, willing to share information and mentor others and foster a positive team environment,
- Experience with implementing new software advantageous;
- Experience with HRIS systems desirable
We are looking for someone with strong experience administering a Payroll function. Experience of using ADP would be advantageous. You will be keenly detail-oriented, have experience of both Google-suite and Microsoft Office packages and most importantly, be someone who loves to get involved with all aspects of a busy team.
Excellent organisational and analytical skills, with an ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment are essential, as is the ability to establish credible and personable relationships across the business. Added to this, you’ll have a warm, approachable, discreet and friendly manner, together with a passion for all things payroll-related to enable you to fit in with our departmental and Company culture.
This is an exciting role for a Payroll Specialist who is keen to be part of, and progress within, a dynamic People and Culture Team in a growing organisation.
Closing date Friday 26th July