Would you like to build your career in one of the UK's fastest growing companies? We pride ourselves on delivering award-winning customer service. If you take pride in what you do – come and join us!
About the role
UW Home Services - part of Utility Warehouse - will be providing smart meter installation and maintenance services to Utility Warehouse energy customers. We are looking to recruit a Customer Service Team Leader to manage, train and monitor a team of Customer Service Advisors to ensure that the operations of UW Home Services are running efficiently and are sufficiently supported by the Customer Service team.
Your team will be responsible for outbound smart meter appointment bookings, to be met in line with lead times and postcode requirements.
The main responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Managing a team of 10-15 Customer Service Advisors
- To be responsible for analysing and reinventing business processes to support the operation and to encourage continuous improvement
- Implement routine 121 coaching sessions with all team members, as well as motivational team briefings to ensure KPIs are achieved
- To always positively represent UWHS whilst preserving business integrity
- To develop effective communications with staff members throughout UW at all levels
- To be responsible for the training of the Customer Service team and ensure adherence to procedures is carried out
- To build, maintain and positively influence a cohesive and motivated Customer Service team, providing leadership and support to colleagues and peers
- Consistently achieve operational objectives as defined by the Operations Support Manager
- Undertake recruitment and performance management as required
- To accurately forecast, plan and organise appropriate staffing levels within the team whilst ensuring operational efficiency is maintained
- Work closely with the Operations Support team to identify geographical requirements for appointment bookings Recording and updating information accurately regarding customer bookings
We are looking for an individual with a focus on execution and driving results, who offers great enthusiasm and who welcomes and adapts to business change in a positive manner. This person will need to have a passion for developing and mentoring those that they lead as well as managing and delivering departmental SLAs to an exceptional standard.
We require that the candidate has:
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Coaching, Leading and Management skills to ensure an understanding of the individuals within their team
- The ability to drive our culture & values from within the team
- A thirst for knowledge enabling you to continually stay up to speed with the utilities industry
- The ability to work under pressure and deliver within tight deadlines, to prioritise own workload and work with initiative
- Excellent customer service skills who is customer focused, with a passion for improving a customer’s journey
- Energy and enthusiasm
- Experience of problem solving in a service setting
We would also prefer you have:
- Operational knowledge of domestic/smart metering
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of multiple operating platforms
The atmosphere of any team starts and ends with their leader, so injecting fun and passion into the role for the team members is key for this position.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK
What we offer
As a FTSE 250 company we offer stability and career progression. Unlike other large companies however, we continue to have a welcoming, family feel. That’s probably why lots of the team who joined us from the beginning are still here.
The job is a full time, permanent role of 37.5 hours on a shift rota between 8.30am and 8.30pm, including Saturdays.
Your starting salary will be £22,000. You’ll also benefit from 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), free parking, an annual salary review, life assurance, a contributor pension scheme, staff discounts and much more!
We embrace both diversity and inclusivity. So, we’ve built a culture where everyone counts – one where you’ll feel valued and respected.
We’re the UK's only fully integrated utility services provider – covering both the communications and energy markets. You may not have heard of us though, because we don’t waste money on expensive advertising. Instead, our growth has been fuelled by 'word of mouth' recommendations. And it works – we now have over 600,000 customers, 40,000 Partners and a team of 1,000+ at our NHQ in London.
We’re passionate about delivering excellent customer service and this is a passion that runs right through the company. That’s why we’ve won so may awards – including the Which? Best Utility Supplier of the Year 2018 award.
UW Home Services is based in Bolton, Greater Manchester, just off the M61 motorway and can easily be accessed via a short commute from the Greater Manchester & Lancashire regions.