Utility Warehouse is an award winning multi-utility provider, our core offering is simple: all your utilities, one monthly bill. Our network of 45,000 partners add the human touch to our delivery, help us get the word out to our existing members and bring in new ones.
What you need to know:
We’re still scaling, we’ve seen massive growth across the business and several new teams spinning up in product and technology.
- We deliver quickly by keeping processes light and enabling autonomy, happy in the knowledge people will be challenged on their ideas.
- We’ve never believed in ivory tower leadership, our leadership team are hands-on and roll up their sleeves when needed, mentor and support not only from a technical standpoint.
- We don’t appreciate egos, shouting the loudest doesn’t make your idea the best instead we believe in debate, collaboration and learning.
- We encourage experimenting, seeing failure as learning, believing it’s about being pragmatic and achieving a balance between speed and quality.
- We care about how we deliver and who we work with, we enjoy working on interesting problems with smart people and that if it was easy it wouldn't be fun.
- We want to create a seamless end-to-end customer experience that fulfils our ambition to bring all household bills together into one place and make it super simple.
- We’re investing a lot in data and tooling. We need to put that to work and increase our understanding of customers and their behaviour, so we can focus on the right improvements in the right areas.
- UW represents a lot of different products and services. We need to make sure we’re bringing all these together consistently, but still allowing for autonomy with as few bottlenecks as possible.
There are currently 5 software engineers plus vacancies. We are also planning on having UX and design support within the team. Looking ahead we expect this area to grow beyond a single team so this is a great opportunity to get in early.
That sounds great, but what will you be doing?
- Owning the product strategy and backlog for customer experience across web and app (The Clubhouse)
- Taking a lean, data-driven approach to prioritising and delivering experience improvements and business value
- Bringing the customer to life for the business and ensuring they’re always at the heart of how we work
- Working very closely with software engineers, UX Designers, and potentially others, as part of a cross-functional product team
- Collaborating with marketing and driving innovation, connecting the dots to ensure that the brand lives up to its promise, and is expressed coherently through multiple touch points.
- Involving key stakeholders across the business to drive collaboration and ensure alignment of priorities and approach
- Leveraging data and UX team to improve understanding of customers and behaviour
- Defining the outcomes we’re trying to achieve alongside owning, measuring and sharing key product metrics, impacts and learnings
- Helping other product teams prioritise their backlogs in order to align with and support your own priorities
You’ll love working for us if you...
- have a passion for understanding real people and their problems
- are outcome not delivery-focussed and seek out information you need to be so
- develop ideas and solutions based on real insight, shape them and guide them through to brilliant execution.
- come from a product or startup background
- obsess over the details but also love to paint a bigger picture
- have experience of managing multiple projects and stakeholders
- know your strengths, and recognise there’s always more to learn
- are an empathetic team player who collaborates closely with others
- embrace iteration and are comfortable with change
- are motivated and ambitious, both for yourself and the business you work for
What we’re offering
The opportunity to join an established but dynamic business that’s going through enormous change and still has huge growth potential.
If we achieve our business and brand goals, you’ll be one of the most sought-after creative talents in London.
A very competitive basic salary and the potential to join our option scheme - we’re still enormously ambitious and have every hope it’ll pay out for everyone.