Role title: 1st/2nd Line Technical Support
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Saturday
Location: Colindale, London
Would you like to build your career in one of the UK's fastest growing companies? Here at Utility Warehouse, we pride ourselves on delivering award-winning service to our members. If you take pride in what you do – come and join us!
About the role
Working within the Technical Team you will:
- Be part of the technical team, you get to build relationships with our residential and business members - and our partners - to drive first call resolution.
- Build on your existing knowledge of ADSL, FTTC, wireless and basic networking skills (IP addressing, DNS etc.).
- Learn to use the art of questioning to identify problems with sometimes limited information from the member or partner to start with. Typical problems include ADSL, FTTC, PSTN, wireless and e-mail setup issues.
- Troubleshoot PSTN faults like no dial tone or noisy lines.
- Learn to set up and trouble shoot wired or wireless broadband connections.
- Troubleshooting and providing solutions on both the 2.4 and 5 GHz frequencies, including 802.11 G, N and AC routers.
Our standard working week is 40 hours per week across 5 days between Monday to Saturday (8am and 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 4.30pm on Saturdays). You’ll need to be able to work every other Saturday.
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
- Genuine love for customer service.
- Passion and enthusiasm for all things technical.
- Willingness to learn.
- A can-do attitude.
You’ll need to be eligible to live and work in the UK.
What we offer
As a FTSE 250 company we offer stability and career progression. Unlike other large companies however, we continue to have a welcoming, family feel. That’s probably why lots of the team who joined us from the beginning are still here.
Your starting salary will be a competitive £22,000 and you'll be eligible for a £500 increase after completing your probationary period - which is typically six months. You'll also get another increase to £23,000 six months after that. You’ll be able to earn monthly bonuses too – up to 10% of your salary. So, you could be earning £24,500 in your first year and well over £25,000 in year two!.
You’ll also benefit from 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays), free parking, an annual salary review, share options, an additional annual bonus, staff discount, subsidised canteen and much more!
We embrace both diversity and inclusivity. So, we’ve built a culture where everyone counts – one where you’ll feel valued and respected.
You can leave corporate jargon at the door here at Utility Warehouse and just be yourself. If you want to join a business and team that celebrates you being your best self then we could be just what you are looking for too! We embrace both diversity and inclusivity. So, we’ve built a culture where everyone counts – one where you’ll feel valued and respected.
Our HQ is based in Colindale, London. We have fantastic onsite facilities including a subsidised canteen, chill out areas and a very active social calendar. Whether you fancy joining our CEO Andrew Lindsay for breakfast to find out more about what’s going on at UW or you fancy joining some colleagues for a movie night screening in our auditorium – there is something for everyone!