Energy Project Manager
Hours: Monday - Friday (40 hours per week)
Location: Colindale, London
Closing date for applications: 29th January 2020
Would you like to build your career in one of the UK's fastest growing companies? Here at Utility Warehouse, we pride ourselves on delivering award-winning service to our members.
Who we’re looking for
We’re on the lookout for an experienced and driven project manager with knowledge of the energy industry. You will have a background in the Switching Programme and/or DCC connected Smart Metering.
You may have been involved in a supplier integration with the Central Switching Service (CSS) and/or Data Communications Company (DCC) adapter, and understand the wider smart energy ecosystem. You will be familiar with the Retail Energy Code (REC), Smart Energy Code (SEC) and DCC.
Other desirable skills, experience/qualifications:
- Understanding of UK energy market
- Experience of working in project delivery in a supplier environment
- Knowledge of energy supplier business processes
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication
- Creative and solution focussed
- A conscientious and committed team player.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and have a full UK driving licence.
What you'll do
The energy market in the UK is going through a transformation - updating the national infrastructure with smart metering to make the system more efficient while enabling customers to switch between suppliers more quickly and easily.
This is a key role in the team that leads the delivery and implementation of these major industry change programmes, enabling the achievement of Utility Warehouse’ strategic objectives and regulatory obligations.
You’ll take a leading role, managing projects within Utility Warehouse’ energy services, with an initial focus on delivering the Switching Programme. Being part of a dynamic and collaborative team, the role will also entail providing support for UW’s Smart Metering initiatives.
This role will be responsible for working closely with external service providers and internal stakeholders from across the business to implement change effectively, producing a positive experience for our members.
On a day to day basis this looks like:
- Define the scope of projects, assess business impact, resource requirements, provide cost analysis and projected benefit calculations where possible
- Produce and manage project plans/roadmaps in alignment with industry timelines. service provider plans and internal roadmaps
- Produce regularly updated documents and project controls including; project briefs, roadmaps, risk and issue logs, progress reporting and process documentation
- Implement governance for your projects, including coordination of multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Engage, communicate and collaborate with internal stakeholders to plan and drive change, including; Product, Technology, Operations, Customer Services, Marketing, Finance, Contract Management, Regulation and Compliance, and our newly formed meter installation and maintenance company, UW Home Services
- Work closely with and drive delivery from key external stakeholders and suppliers, including our agents (MOP, MAP, DC/DA), hardware vendors, and software providers
- Coordinate and provide support for commercial activity including tendering and mobilisation of new services where required
- Identify, manage and report key risks, issues and dependencies providing pragmatic solutions and escalating where necessary
- Coordinate the analysis of industry and service provider design documentation, interpreting the impact on UW systems and processes
- Identify potential problems and future issues with our business processes, delivering appropriate solutions
- Recognise and interpret regulatory requirements for UW’s project delivery and ongoing operational processes
- Oversee data cleansing and reconciliation activity to meet central industry plans
- Plan and coordinate testing activity in collaboration with the energy testing team, product analysts, and functional experts
- Represent Utility Warehouse at forums, meetings and in bilateral engagement with industry, the regulator and programme coordinator.
The perks of working for us!
As an award-winning FTSE 250 company we offer stability, recognition and career progression. In addition to your annual salary, you’ll also benefit from 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays), a pension scheme and share options.
Our HQ is based in Colindale, London where you will benefit from some great perks including:
- State of the art facilities with free parking, subsidised canteen, pool tables, table tennis tables and quiet/sleep pods
- Health & wellbeing benefits including onsite personal training, yoga and pilates, discounted healthcare & gym membership, an onsite nurse, gourmet society membership and more!
- An active social calendar including monthly movie nights, quiz nights, family parties and plenty more!
- Clubs & committees for employees with a shared interest such as sports, reading, charity, diversity etc
Basically, whether you fancy joining our CEO Andrew Lindsay for breakfast to find out more about what’s going on at UW or joining some colleagues for a movie night screening in our auditorium – there is something for everyone!
Get to know us
Unlike other large companies, here at UW, we continue to have a welcoming, family feel - that’s probably why lots of the team who joined us from the beginning are still here. We embrace both diversity and inclusivity. So, we’ve built a culture where everyone counts – one where you’ll feel valued and respected.
What are you waiting for?
Do you have what it takes to be part of our award-winning team? Take a plunge an apply now…be part of something special, be part of our team purple!
Once we receive your application you will receive an email or call from our amazing resourcing team within 48 hours. This is your opportunity to shine and tell them why you would be perfect for the UW family.
Want a sneak peak into what it’s like to work for us?