Start date: Immediate
Location: Colindale, London
Contract type: Permanent
Hello, we're Utility Warehouse
We help people get on with their lives and spend their time how they want to.
And we’re bringing together a nation of self-starters to continue to build a different type of utility company. One where our partners can run their own business and reach the goals that matter to them. For customers, we offer simplicity, savings and permanent peace of mind - with one bill, great value and no need to ever switch again. And for our people, we provide clear opportunities to help them achieve both their professional and their personal ambitions.
A bit more about us
You probably won't have heard much about us, but we're one of the UK's biggest, home-grown success stories of the last 20 years.
We're a FTSE 250 business and knocking on the door of £1 billion in annual revenue. But in two decades of phenomenal change and growth as a business, there are two things that have remained constant:
- We bundle together all our customers' household utilities and send them a single monthly bill.
- We don't promote our services directly to customers - we have 40,000 partners around the country who recommend us.
And we know we’re onto something - we were the Which? ‘Utilities Brand of the Year’ in 2018 - but we’re only just getting started…
What we’re looking for
In a nutshell, someone who can help bring our brand to life clearly and coherently, and across a range of different touchpoints.
We’re looking for someone to join our fast-moving business in a growing creative team that can deliver a constant flow of design and content needs for use both internally and externally.
What you’ll be responsible for
You’ll help shape creative solutions that make prospective partners and their customers take notice of UW.
You’ll help evolve the visual expression of our brand and drive understanding of that direction across the wider business.
You’ll develop bold, eye-catching concepts that inspire, as well as shape simple transactional designs that can drive action.
You’ll turn detailed and often complex information into easy to understand communications.
You’ll help shape and develop ideas and content across a broad range of partner, customer and internal touchpoints, including:
- Product - web, in-app, portals and more.
- Advertising and communications - letters, emails, SMS.
- Publications - such as NewsPlus and YOUW, our magazines for partners and staff.
- Events and internal comms.
- Brand livery and merchandise.
We are looking for someone to arrive with experience in the following programmes:
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator primarily, but InDesign is beneficial)
- Keynote and Google Slides - building presentation templates including animations and slide transitions.
You’ll work as part of a broader creative team within Marketing - alongside Product Designers, Brand Designers and Content Developers.
A bit more about you
- You can deliver a coherent brand story and experience through multiple touchpoints.
- You seek out and respond to performance data, using it to improve the effectiveness of future creative work.
- You’re a strong and persuasive presenter, and are used to building support for ideas and initiatives amongst a wide range of personality types.
- You’re empathetic and build partnerships internally and externally based on trust and performance.
- You champion professionalism and rigour, deliver broad programmes of work with excellence and have a very strong eye for detail.
- You’ve cut your teeth as a designer either in-house or at an agency.
- And like all UW people, you’re motivated and ambitious, both for yourself and the business you work for.
What we’re offering
The opportunity to join an established and dynamic business that’s going through significant change and has huge growth potential.
A very competitive basic salary, some great benefits and the potential to join our share option scheme.
And by helping us achieve our business and brand goals, you’ll be one of the most sought-after marketing talents in London.
Some of the perks of working for us
We’re based in Colindale, north London, where you’ll benefit from some great perks including:
- Free parking, a subsidised canteen, pool tables, table tennis tables and quiet/sleep pods.
- Health and well-being benefits including onsite personal training, yoga and pilates, discounted healthcare and gym membership, an onsite nurse, Gourmet Society membership and more...
- An active social calendar including monthly movie nights, quiz nights and family parties.
- Clubs for employees with a shared interest such as sports, reading and charity.
Whether you fancy joining our CEO Andrew Lindsay for breakfast to find out more about what’s going on at UW, or joining colleagues for a movie night screening in our auditorium, there’s something for everyone.
Get in touch
If this role sounds like it was made for you, please get in touch and tell us why. If it doesn’t, but you still like the sound of Utility Warehouse drop us a line anyway. We’re hiring in all sorts of positions across the business.
Here’s a sneak peek into what it’s like to work for us: https://vimeo.com/showcase/6052297/video/341298006