We're a supplier of home services (Energy, Telephony, Insurance & Broadband) with around 2% of the UK market, a unique business model and a huge potential to grow.
As an established, 20-year-old British company our challenges are to rebuild whilst continuing to innovate and compete, in order to develop a platform to enable the future growth of the business. We have secured the relevant investment to rebuild in house.
We truly are unique in our proposition and allow our customers to consolidate payments into a single monthly bill by packaging products and services supplied through a network of wholesale partners. Utility Warehouse is the only genuine multi-utility operator in the market providing products and services to households and businesses nationwide.
At the beginning of 2016 we started a fundamental transformation here at Utility Warehouse - driven by the Board, there’s a strong desire to become a modern, agile, UX and tech-led business.
Our product and technology teams are a mix of new joiners and company veterans - a lot of the usual practices and processes still need establishing so it's definitely a good time to join and influence how things shape up in the future.
There's plenty of exciting things to happen here over the next 3-5 years; we have the plan and the budget to make it a good ride.
Who are Utility Warehouse?
- Rated Which? #1 in UK for Utilities Brand of the Year
- Rated #2 in UK for customer satisfaction, after Amazon
- Winner of dozens of Which? and Moneywise awards
- The UK’s most trusted supplier of essential services
Why are we different?
- A completely unique route to market, reducing customer acquisition cost
- Fully integrated systems, enabling a seamless customer experience & high efficiency
- A focus on value, instead of price, enabling us to deliver high quality service & achieve very low customer churn
What do we look like?
- Revenue: £729.2m • Profit: £52.2m (FY16/17)
- ~600,000 paying customers • taking over 2.1 million services
- Brand new London HQ (picture) with chefs, play areas & snooze rooms
Why join us?
- An opportunity to experiment, learn & innovate
- Experience a completely unique business
- Be part of building a scalable platform
Product & Technology @ UW
- We provide the supporting infrastructure for Energy, Telephony, Home Phone & Broadband and Home Insurance services
- Supporting 600,000 residential customers, 50k Partners and 1,000 staff
- A technology team around 100-strong, all based in London
- A critical role that sits within the all-encompassing customer domain, you’ll shape the self-service area for our customers, the Clubhouse
- This being a product of true digital nature, we’ll require you to enhance the experience across web and mobile channels with focus on excellent user experience
- Bringing the optimum blend of people together from across multiple business units we need you to identify, understand and reduce call drivers by creating modern, intuitive self-service tools for our customers
- The tracking and interrogation of key metrics and data on an ongoing basis to understand what is happening and why is of vital essence
- Passionate about product, you will assist in the adoption of PM best practice across the organisation
- Hardworking • tech-savvy • commercially-minded • ambitious • good with people • hungry • a driver of change • inquisitive • not afraid of failure • appreciative of thoughtful UI/UX design • comfortable with data
- Proven track record of achievement in delivering world-class products
- A wide array of experiences that make you a generalist
- That rare combination of business savvy, customer empathy & tech literacy
- Challenge you to reach new heights
- Compensate you well
- Expect you to keep learning + growing
- Have autonomy over your product
It goes without saying
- Experience working in Agile environments
- Experience in several product roles
- You're adaptable to rapid change and push to get things done