Would you like to build your career in one of the UK's fastest growing companies? Here at Utility Warehouse, we pride ourselves on delivering award-winning service to our members. If you take pride in what you do – come and join us!
About the role
Working alongside the Smart Programme team, you will be picking up the skills and experience to become a technical expert within SMETS2 smart metering. An intensive learning period will allow you to to be able to handle all manner of technically centered tasks to support the programme team and operational teams in delivering a successful SMETS2 smart meter roll out. This will include:
- Support the very first volume of SMETS2 production (live) installs by providing 2nd and 3rd line support to Operations and our meter installation Company - UW Home Services
- Service and Incident Management. Making effective use of systems and software to manage technical relationships with a variety of third parties (DCC, Utiligroup, Meter Manufacturers, Internal and external teams).
- Finding consistencies within technical issues and putting together process guides for operational teams to follow to solve these without needing to escalate to constantly improve the efficiency of the technical teams
- Providing a triage service for metering incidents from live meters and from the testing team, using expert knowledge and leveraging technical relationships with third parties to tackle escalated technical issues.
- Managing the roll out and assurance of device firmware
- Meter portfolio management support, including tracking compliance with new products, supporting the Data & Insight teams in providing requirements for reporting, maintaining the document repository and supporting our MOPs
- Support early life tracking of installed devices to ensure correct practices are being followed by MOPs and to catch potential issues early
- Manage inventory of test assets within the UW test lab
- Support the SMETS2 test team in producing and appending test scripts and carrying out device behavior related Functional Testing
- SMETS2 Escalation. You will be the point of escalation for technical queries within UW and UWHS and act as part of a resolver group.
- SMETS2 Training. You will be involved in producing and/or helping to produce training materials for the Energy Customer Service teams and other internal stakeholders
- Device Manufacturer technical relationship management. Ensure regular engagement with our device manufacturers to keep on top of technical issues and report progress to management
- Possibility of representing Utility Warehouse at various technical industry forums
We are looking for individuals who have a solid foundation of experience in the SMETS2 metering world and are keen to gain a deeper technical understanding of smart metering and have an interest in the future of smart. You will be working in an ever changing challenging environment with a steep learning curve so must be motivated. To be successful in this role you’ll need:
- To have a level of technical experience working with SMETS2 devices or systems (6 months minimum)
- Patience, with a positive and proactive outlook. The SMETS2 rollout will present constant challenges!
- The ability and willingness to learn new concepts quickly
- Strong analytical skills and an eye for detail for finding defects and solutions to technical issues
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, you will be working with multiple internal and external teams
- Self starting drive and the ability to work effectively and proactively as part of a small team
- An interest in smart metering and the future of smart technology
- Willingness to take ownership and find solutions to complex issues.
What we offer
As a FTSE 250 company we offer stability and career progression. Unlike other large companies however, we continue to have a welcoming, family feel. That’s probably why lots of the team who joined us from the beginning are still here.
You’ll also benefit from 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays), free parking, an annual salary review, share options, an additional annual bonus, staff discount, subsidised canteen and much more!
We embrace both diversity and inclusivity. So, we’ve built a culture where everyone counts – one where you’ll feel valued and respected.
You can leave corporate jargon at the door here at Utility Warehouse and just be yourself. If you want to join a business and team that celebrates you being your best self then we could be just what you are looking for too!
Our HQ is based in Colindale, London. We have fantastic onsite facilities including a subsidised canteen, chill out areas and a very active social calendar. Whether you fancy joining our CEO Andrew Lindsay for breakfast to find out more about what’s going on at UW or you fancy joining some colleagues for a movie night screening in our auditorium – there is something for everyone!