Would you like to build your career in one of the UK's fastest growing companies? We pride ourselves on delivering award-winning customer service. If you take pride in what you do – come and join us!
About the role
UW Home Services - part of Utility Warehouse - provide smart meter installation and maintenance services to Utility Warehouse energy customers. We are looking to recruit a Field Team Manager to support the Regional Performance in successfully managing the operation of all Field Engineers in RG, OX, SL, NN, MK, HP and LU effectively. The role will encompass a range of activities to full support your team of engineers in installation performance, Quality assurance and ongoing support in the field.
The main responsibilities are:
- Lead and develop your team by setting measurable goals, holding team meetings, 1-to-1s and creating individual development training plans.
- Promote a culture of engagement and motivation within the team.
- Manage the field team, providing coaching, mentoring, HR and First line support.
- Provide technical support for engineers (Mon-Fri and rota basis for weekend support).
- Incident and Accident investigation completing reports and finding resolutions.
- Quality assurance monitoring, completing work in progress and post complete audits.
- Engineer performance monitoring, to achieve all business KPI’s.
- Monitoring and informing teams of all Safety & Technical Updates.
- Assessment of new and existing engineer’s competency.
- We are looking for a Field Team Manager who has previous experience with field operations management, industry compliance and Health and Safety regulations. We require that the candidate has:
- Hold or previously held Gas ACS Qualifications CCN1/CMA1 & MET1
- Hold or previously held MOCOPA permit to operate Single phase & Single of multiphase
- Extensive managerial experience within field work forces
- Experience in Dual Fuel Smart Metering
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of multiple operating platforms
- Can prioritise your own workload and work with initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver within tight deadlines with the ability to be organised, methodical and to prioritise accordingly
We would also prefer you have:
- Excellent understanding of industry compliance
- Qualification in Management
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK
What we offer
As a FTSE 250 company we offer stability and career progression. Unlike other large companies however, we continue to have a welcoming, family feel. That’s probably why lots of the team who joined us from the beginning are still here. The job is a full time (40 hours) permanent contract with usual working hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm (although there is flexibility with this). Your starting salary will be £35,000 - £37,000 per annum. And you'll be able to earn bonuses too! You’ll also benefit from 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing with length of service, an annual salary review, a contributor pension scheme, staff discounts and much more!
We embrace both diversity and inclusivity. So, we’ve built a culture where everyone counts – one where you’ll feel valued and respected.
- We’re the UK's only fully integrated utility services provider – covering both the communications and energy markets.
- You may not have heard of us though, because we don’t waste money on expensive advertising. Instead, our growth has been fuelled by 'word of mouth' recommendations.
- And it works – we now have over 600,000 customers, 40,000 Partners and a team of 1,000+ at our NHQ in London.
- We’re passionate about delivering excellent customer service and this is a passion that runs right through the company.
- That’s why we’ve won so may awards – including the Which? Best Utility Supplier of the Year 2018 award.
- UW Home Services is based in Bolton, Greater Manchester, just off the M61 motorway and can easily be accessed via a short commute from the Greater Manchester & Lancashire regions.