AEye is looking for a highly motivated Head of Test Engineering. The individual will be expected to lead the effort to characterize and establish metrics for our products during development and manufacturing and create the product validation platforms for our company and customers. This position will be responsible for coordinating and implementing our solutions for Sub-System to System Level Test, Quality Assurance (of integrated hardware and software) and as well as performing field testing of our LiDAR systems focused on gathering the data required to characterize, evaluate and improve our products.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Systems, Software and Product teams to understand internal and customer requirements for AEye products.
- Contribute to New Product Introduction by creating concurrent test solutions for validation of product requirements during EVT, DVT, and PVT.
- Implement System Test and Calibration for development and also appropriate Automated Test and Calibration for high volume manufacturing.
- Create a performance based QA strategy that validates system software capabilities for the full range of product use cases.
- Develop field testing strategies that supplement in-house testing and highlight opportunities for product improvement.
- Develop rigorous Hardware Test and Hardware QA procedures that ensure successful transfer to manufacturing.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Essential Skill & Experience Requirements (required):
- Experience with remote sensing & imaging systems such as Lidar, radar and camera.
- MS degree or higher in Electrical or Software Engineering.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a Test Engineering team.
- Experience with Test and Calibration strategy of complex software driven products.
- Experience with Quality Assurance (QA) of embedded software and software driven systems.
- Extensive experience in multi-disciplinary product development including manufacturing launch.
- Familiarity with R&D and Manufacturing environments.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Preferred Skills & Experience (useful):
- Working knowledge of remote sensing & imaging products (Lidar, radar, camera) and general knowledge of photonics (optics, lasers).
- Experience with QA for automotive products.
- Ability to write and interpret C/C++ code, Phython or any programming language.
- Experience in a high technology startup environment.
If you qualify and are in these industries we especially want to hear from you:
- Aerospace and Defense.
- Optical Telecom.
- Optical Metrology.
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.