AEye is looking for a highly motivated customer focused Head of System Verification. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. The Head of System Verification leads a team of engineers responsible for all aspects of verification at the system/ Lidar point cloud level and ensures test procedures compliant with automotive customer requirements. Individual is expected to be hands on with verification work at least 50% of the time.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the team: Recruit new team members, coach team members, provide a playful but challenging work environment.
- Lead AI/Perception integration & PoC verification activities.
- Lead data collection and analytics.
- Lead system simulation activities.
- Manage a team of verification engineers and technicians.
- Read and understand product requirements.
- Develop new system verification requirements for innovative new products.
- Budget for, order, and maintain test equipment.
- Work with development engineers to create, write, and review test scripts.
- Communicate diagnostic needs to software and hardware engineers.
- Select, schedule, and manage outside labs and in-house resources for testing.
- Debug and report issues found during testing, involving development engineers.
- Manage design and build of test benches and test harnesses. Manage subcontractors.
- Set standards and review reports written by outside labs and in-house engineers.
- Fill in any gaps in team through hands-on efforts, tapping cross-functional resources, or specialized hiring.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Essential Skill & Experience Requirements (required):
- Degree in physics or engineering & 5+ years of experience in validation/verification.
- Hands on software scripting experience.
- Sensor experience.
- Experience as a software engineer and lead. Prior leadership mandatory.
- Experience in automotive sensor simulation methods. Carsim, ANSYS preferable.
- Light machining and mechanical integration experience.
- Analysis of performance, calibration, data collection, system integration & testing
Preferred Skills & Experience (useful):
- Experience in a fast-paced and demanding start-up experience.
- Automotive industry background desirable.
- Some exposure to quality, functional safety, fault injection and model-based simulation.
- Experience with static and dynamic (on the road) data collection.
- Proven history of successfully working across multiple projects.
- Ability to work well under pressure and changing deadlines.
- Able to occasionally travel to exciting places to support vehicles.
- A willingness to oversee an issue from start to finish with minimal oversight.
- The ability to be versatile and flexible in your workflow.
- Can quickly create and lead cross-team task forces to resolve issues.
- Assist in the testing of various components in the vehicle to assure proper functionality.
- Ability to produce timely, logical, and concise work products.
- Ability to handle concurrent programs and work effectively independently, in a team, or collaborative environment.
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.