AEye is looking for a highly motivated Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer. The individual will be expected to monitor and audit the quality of all sourced components to ensure they meet specified standards. They will work to not only find sourced component defects, but also to find the cause of the defect and develop a solution. The individual will be responsible for quality of the supplied components and sub-systems. In addition, the individual will also work with the contract manufacturer to build sensors and drop ship to Tier-1s and OEMs. The role will require travel to suppliers and contractor manufacturers in the region and occasional travel to customer sites.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Quality of all supplied components.
- Responsible for driving supplier APQP and PPAP.
- Audit Component Suppliers and Contract Manufacturers to IATF 16949 standards.
- Monitor and manage Supplier Quality Metrics.
- Responsible for Supplier QPPM and Process Capabilities (CpKs).
- Responsible for Quality Section of the Supplier Score Card.
- Key liaison between Product Development and Supplier during NPI stage.
- Manage Performance Improvement Plans (PIP) for troubled suppliers.
- Assist Procurement team in conducting QBR.
- Develop incoming inspection process.
- Perform source inspection as needed.
- Lead supplier process and product audits
- Recommend solutions to common defects or problems.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Essential Skill & Experience Requirements (required):
- Strong experience with Automotive Quality and Standards.
- Experience working with Automotive Tier - 1 / Tier - 2 / OEM on Component and System Level APQP and PPAP.
- Strong experience with Measurement System Analysis – Gage R&R, System Correlation, and System Bias.
- Strong Problem-solving skills.
- Experience in developing and managing Process Control Plans, FMEA, and Statistical Data Analysis.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing and quality KPIs.
- Experience is product qualification, IQ, OQ, PQs.
- Experience managing contract manufacturers in a high volume environment.
- TS 16949 / IATF 16949 audit skills.
- Experience in managing Advanced Quality during NPI stage.
- Attention to details.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- 7+ years Automotive Industry experience in Automotive / Electronics / Optics / Electromechanical.
- Experience with Design of Experiments using Minitab or other equivalent statistical software.
- B.S. in Quality, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or related field.
Preferred Skills & Experience (useful):
- M.S. in Quality, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or related field.
- 10+ years of automotive experience.
- Working experience in semiconductor fab / Optics / Laser.
- CQE Certification.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt.
- Experience in a fast-paced and demanding start-up experience.
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.