AEye is looking for a highly motivated systems engineer capable of leading technical teams in the development of IR sensors. The individual will be expected to help shaping and developing future products as well as executing in the support of existing products in production. The candidate must have excellent presentation skills and strong customer coordination to successfully deliver custom readout integrated circuit (ROIC) in conjunction with InGaAs focal plane array (FPA). This engineer will also perform system debugging and troubleshooting, and provide technical direction and support to production operations.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform the research and development of advanced electro-optic technologies and techniques, including concept development, modeling, design, assembly, testing, and analysis.
- Perform technical writing for reports/proposals, prepare presentations, interact with team members, and lead technical development projects.
- Diagnosis complex problems with our products and recommend solutions with minimal support and oversight.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Essential Skill & Experience Requirements (required):
- Master's or Ph.D degree in science, math, engineering, or related discipline.
- Advanced knowledge of semiconductor solid state physics related to avalanche/PIN photodiodes and other photonic systems.
- Experience in detector FPAs and ROIC design, engineering, and use.
- Experience or ability to oversee the development of SWIR imager technologies that includes FPA, ROIC, sensor hybridization, and proximity electronics with on-board processing.
- Ability to develop novel sensor concepts and architectures, including trade studies, system budget analysis, feasibility analysis, modeling / simulation, and optical design.
- Hands-on engineering with the proven ability to work well in a team environment.
Preferred Skills & Experience (useful):
- Experience in a fast-paced and demanding start-up experience.
- Knowledge and/or experience of laser remote sensing applications and techniques.
- Software Skills: Experience in MATLAB/Simulink, Linux OS, C/C++, Python, ZEMAX.
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.