AEye is looking for a highly motivated Electronics Assembly Technician. The individual will be expected to work on electronics hardware with hands on assembly & testing in a prototype & production environment.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- System electro-mechanical assembly (PCBA, wiring; connectors, heatsinks, Lasers; Optic Fibers cable; thermal materials) with fasteners, torqued screws, etc.
- Prepare and pull parts for job; Kit & enter jobs.
- Inspect for potential failures (solder bridges, incorrectly inserted parts, etc).
- Solder parts using soldering iron or wave solder machines; Able to splice wiring.
- Read and interpret drawings; Complete manufacturing documentation correctly.
- Set up and verify equipment performance, as assigned by team leader.
- Supports overall tasks required in a particular production process.
- Team player supporting board level assembly or integration team for urgent support when necessary for simple assembly and testing.
- Performs quality checks/inspection to ensure products and parts meet specifications and standards.
- Assembles all system level products in a timely manner.
- Unpack and re-packaging will be required.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Essential Skill & Experience Requirements (required):
- Minimum High school diploma or GED or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Minimum 3 - 4 years hands-on / professional experience in Electronics Hardware Assembly & Testing.
- Standing, walking, sitting, kneeling, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands; to perform job.
- Proficient with the use of hand tools for electronics assembly.
- Knowledge in electronic component handling and environmental setup, ESD control, etc.
- Familiar with PC tools/apps for running a functional Electrical test station; Calibration of Electronic equipment.
- Able to lift 40 lbs. if necessary.
- Manual Dexterity; Attention to detail; Sense of urgency.
- Ability to read and follow ISO procedures, SOP (Stand Operation Procedure); OEM Forms.
- Able to work independently on assigned tasks.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills.
Preferred Skills & Experience (useful):
- Experience in Optic Fiber Cables handling.
- Knowledge in optic fiber splicing.
- Knowledge in handling portable laser equipment.
- Experience in a fast-paced and demanding start-up experience.
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.