AEye is looking for a highly motivated systems engineer capable of leading technical teams in the development of IR sensors. The individual will be expected to help shaping and developing future products as well as executing in the support of existing products in production. The candidate should be capable of performing EO/IR analysis, radiometric calculation, and system error budget modeling to support in the development of system concepts, and to verify designs meet their requirements. This engineer will direct engineers and technicians in electrical, mechanical, and optical tasks required for program performance. Engineer will also perform system debugging and troubleshooting, and provide technical direction and support to production operations.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform the research and development of advanced electro-optic technologies and techniques, including concept development, modeling, design, assembly, testing, and analysis.
- Perform technical writing for reports/proposals, prepare presentations, interact with team members, and lead technical development projects.
- Diagnosis complex problems with our products and recommend solutions with minimal support and oversight.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Essential Skill & Experience Requirements (required):
- Master's or Ph.D degree in science, math, engineering, or related discipline.
- Advanced knowledge of semiconductor solid state physics related to avalanche/PIN photodiodes and other photonic systems.
- Experience in electronics for use in optoelectronics: laser diode drive and modulation, signal conditioning, data acquisition, transimpedance amplifiers, RF Analog electronics, ADC/DAC, etc.
- Technical knowledge in electro-optic devices and optics: laser diodes, free space optics, fiber optics, and Gaussian beam propagation.
- Ability to develop novel sensor concepts and architectures, including trade studies, system budget analysis, feasibility analysis, modeling/simulation, and optical design.
- Experience with modeling and performance analysis of laser based distance measurement.
- Hands-on engineering with the proven ability to work well in a team environment.
Preferred Skills & Experience (useful):
- Experience in a fast-paced and demanding start-up experience.
- Knowledge and/or experience of laser remote sensing applications and techniques.
- Software Skills: Experience in MATLAB/Simulink, Linux OS, C/C++, Python, ZEMAX.
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.