AEye is looking for a highly motivated LiDAR ADAS Engineer. The role is based around the Silicon Valley area in an exciting environment within a well-funded company and working on one of the most advanced sensors in the world with a sophisticated Camera/LiDAR architecture. The right candidate will be offered a clear careers path to leadership. Relocation and immigration expenses will be covered.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support strategic customer engagements bringing in specific Software/ System expertise.
- Design, develop, code and test software systems (full lifecycle) or applications for software enhancements and new products; revise and refine as required.
- Recommend modifications to processes and procedures, and contribute to best practices, architecture, and implementations.
- Diagnose hardware deficiencies and adapt software reactively.
- Report to the Product Management organization as a customer-focused vehicle software engineer.
- Promote and solicit ideas within project teams.
- Be a value-add member of the software engineering team.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Essential Skill & Experience Requirements (required):
- Advanced degree in physics or engineering.
- C++11 skills in multithreaded environment required, Python and Qt are plusses.
- Background in physics, optics, laser engineering, or related field.
- Expertise in ADAS Sensor/ Vehicle Integration. LiDAR experience preferable.
- Knowledge of ROS, working with SDKs, APIs.
- Automotive industry background. Tier 1 experience desirable.
- Strong customer facing communication skills.
Preferred Skills & Experience (useful):
- Experience in a fast-paced and demanding start-up experience.
- Experience with computer vision / signal processing. (OpenCV, PCL).
- MATLAB experience is a plus.
- Experience with unit and functional testing.
- Embedded real-time coding experience.
- Proven history of successfully working across multiple projects.
- Ability to work well under pressure and changing deadlines.
- Able to occasionally travel to exciting places to support vehicles.
- A willingness to oversee an issue from start to finish with minimal oversight.
- The ability to be versatile and flexible in your workflow.
- Can quickly create and lead cross-team task forces to resolve issues.
- Assist in the testing of various components in the vehicle to assure proper functionality.
- Ability to produce timely, logical, and concise work products.
- Ability to handle concurrent programs and work effectively independently, in a team, or collaborative environment.
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.