The role is based in an exciting environment working on one of the most advanced sensors in the world with a sophisticated Camera/Lidar architecture. The right candidate will be offered a clear career path to leadership.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Owns the whole process for functional safety compliance within the project.
- Interfaces with customers and suppliers for functional safety.
- Develops Safety Plans and is responsible for the monitoring and control of activities to achieve the required safety level.
- Works internally with R&D teams across Software, Hardware and Systems domains to align safety activities.
- Can take technical architectural decisions to guarantee safety compliance.
- Leads and supports the safety analysis activities.
- Builds the safety case and defends it in front of auditors and assessors.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Essential Skill & Experience Requirements (required):
- Minimum of 5 years experience in automotive (preferred) or medical industries.
- Has been involved in taking at least two products to function safety certification. ISO-26262 at ASIL-D preferred.
Preferred Skills & Experience (useful):
- Experience in a fast-paced and demanding start-up experience.
- Adept at structuring work and creating order out of chaos.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Background in quality.
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.