AEye is looking for a highly motivated Director level Senior Sensor Vehicle Architect. This role involves interaction/ collaboration with an interdisciplinary team of optical scientists, data scientists, and embedded and client-side software engineers.
Candidate will be a thought leader in specification, development and validation of high tech optomechanical systems, ADAS and Self-Driving technologies and understand at least one of Camera/ Radar/ Lidar technologies at a deep level. Candidate will be a seasoned leader, engineer and organizer who has demonstrated the ability to learn quickly and lead in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, working closely with the executive team.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- See across hardware, software and firmware to develop next generation products.
- Advance strategic customer engagements bringing in broad Sensor/Vehicle Integration experience.
- Diagnose hardware and software deficiencies and drive solutions.
- Play the role as a senior system architect, capture requirements working in tandem with product management and engineering.
- Support functional safety.
- Promote and solicit ideas within project teams.
Essential Skill & Experience Requirements (required):
- Background in physics, engineering, or related field.
- Automotive or closely related industry background. Tier 1 experience desirable.
- Deep system engineering experience.
- Excellent written/spoken communication and great customer interfacing skills. Can run customer workshops and walk out with a great design that fulfills customer requirements and anticipates where the industry is going.
- Expertise in ADAS Sensor/ Vehicle Integration, specifically Experience designing sensor fusion architectures and systems for Automotive Applications.
- Position AEye iDAR within automobile multiple sensors system architecture and define engineering requirements to win.
- Working knowledge in current and upcoming advanced driver assistance systems (e.g. LKA, LCC, ACC, LDW, FCW, AEB, self-parking systems).
- Working knowledge in automotive ECU, electrical / electronic hardware, embedded software, automotive communication protocols (e.g., CAN, LIN, automotive Ethernet).
- Working knowledge in automotive vehicle mechanical and electrical system architectures (e.g., distributed vs centralized control systems).
- Willing to travel. Experience working with global teams as well as managing teams (candidate will be managing customer focused vehicle engineers).
- 5+ years of ADAS experience, minimum of 3 years of experience in Functional Safety.
- Ability to lead the response of RFIs/ RFQs.
Preferred Skills & Experience (useful):
- Advanced knowledge of optics and photonics useful.
- Experience in a fast-paced and demanding start-up experience.
- Proven history of successfully working across multiple projects.
- Ability to work well under pressure and changing deadlines.
- Expertise in AEC-Q100, APQP, PPAP and automotive quality requirements (ISO/TS 16949).
- A willingness to oversee an issue from start to finish with minimal oversight.
- The ability to be versatile and flexible in your workflow.
- Can quickly create and lead cross-team task forces to resolve issues.
- Assist in the testing of various components in the vehicle to assure proper functionality.
- Ability to produce timely, logical, and concise work products.
- Ability to handle concurrent programs and work effectively independently, in a team, or collaborative environment.
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.