AEye is looking for a highly motivated Sr. Embedded Software Engineer. The ideal candidate will have experience and strong background developing embedded software on modern computing platforms for the implementation of complex physical systems.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implement OS Platform and Detailed Control functions for complex Opto-Mechanical products.
- Participate in System Level Design and Architecture defining hardware-software interface and interaction.
- Hardware bring-up and low-level software development
- Work closely with both software and hardware design engineers.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Essential Skill & Experience Requirements (required):
- BS or Masters in Computer Science/Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience.
- Software development experience & Skills: C/C++, Python using Linux and GNU cross compiler tool-chains.
- Embedded processor experience such as: ARM, SOC-ARM (Xilinx Zynq), PowerPC, QorIQ, PowerQUICC, Davinci, MIPS, etc.
- Experience implementing device drivers for IO interfaces, peripherals, and memory systems.
- Experience in implementing Linux development/build/release environment, such as buildroot, Yocto, etc.
- Experience in hardware (Processor/PCB/devices) bring-up & debug.
- Track record of full embedded system hardware and software development life-cycle.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding start-up environment.
- Good communication & collaboration skills; able to produce quality documentation for both internal & external target audiences.
Preferred Skills & Experience (useful):
- Experience with SOC FPGA development tools (such as Vivado) for processing core generation.
- Knowledge or experience with Digital Signal Processing.
- Specific experience with FPGA SOC Multi-core ARM platform (Xilinx Zynq ARM-core & AXI bus).
- Familiarity with programming in/for RTOS environment such as VxWorks, QNX, etc.
- Specific experience with memory system setup & control (MMU & DMA).
- Device driver experience with device such as Ethernet, PCIe, DDR3/4 memory controller, USB, Camera/Video, etc. on embedded system.
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.