UserTesting is a super fast-growing SaaS software startup, with campuses in San Francisco, Atlanta, Edinburgh and over 300 employees.
We make it easy for businesses to understand how customers interact with their digital properties so that they can improve their customer experience. We do this by giving companies on-demand access to people in their exact target market who deliver video, audio, and written feedback on websites, mobile apps, and prototypes. Over 34,000 companies, including Google, Facebook, CBS, Apple, and The Home Depot, use UserTesting to improve their user experience—and their bottom line.
As a Financial Systems/Senior Accountant on the UT team, you will be responsible for understanding data flows between internal systems and leading improvements that impact accounting processes and financial reporting. This is a challenging, highly visible role that requires problem solving and the ability to manage complex transactions.
We are looking for someone who can take ownership of a process while looking for ways to scale and improve the process to support and enable company growth. You will report to the Assistant Controller.
Develop and maintain appropriate internal accounting controls, systems, and procedures to ensure both timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Support and maintain our ERP system, including implementing modules and upgrades.
- Develop and implement process improvement initiatives that meaningfully improve accuracy and efficiency of accounting operations.
- Integrate systems, including transforming data and troubleshooting common issues.
- Drive change in the organization through participation in special projects and ad hoc analyses.
- Assist in the development of financial statements and reports
- Document processes and policies for various accounting functions, and recommend improvements.
- Participate in cross-functional efforts to continuously improve data quality and establish rigor in measuring and monitoring the business.
- Contribute to the efficiency of the accounting team by participating in cross training, sharing job responsibilities, and serving as position backup for other team members.
- Performs tasks independently, consulting with supervisory team and peers as needed
What You Bring:
Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- 5+ years of experience within accounting or business operations.
- Ability to direct the work of junior team members.
- Outstanding analytical, problem-solving, organization and multitasking skills.
- Must be a logical thinker- able to be presented a problem and create a solution.
- Ability to make decisions, work under pressure and the capacity to use good judgment in critical situations.
- Exceptional communication skills. Ability to act as a liaison between the finance team and the company's department leaders.
- Curious personality and a track record of identifying problems and developing and implementing solutions.
- Working knowledge with SaaS / Software experience strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting principles and procedures.
- Advanced Excel and experience in modeling and analytics.
- Demonstrated experience implementing financial and accounting systems.
- Systems knowledge a plus: Intacct, Salesforce, Zuora, etc.