UserTesting is a super fast-growing SaaS startup, with campuses in San Francisco and Atlanta, and nearly 300 employees.
We make it easy for businesses to understand how customers interact with their digital properties so that they can improve their customer experience. We do this by giving companies on-demand access to people in their exact target market who deliver video, audio, and written feedback on websites, mobile apps, and prototypes. Over 34,000 companies, including Google, Facebook, CBS, Apple, and The Home Depot, use UserTesting to improve their user experience—and their bottom line.
As a Revenue Accountant on the UT team, you will be in charge of Deal Desk review and customer invoicing, along with other activities to keep us humming. You'll be a key contributor to our adoption of a recently implemented GL system (Intacct), our month-end close process, and improvements to our revenue recognition process.
We are looking for someone who can take ownership of a process while looking for ways to scale and improve the process as the company grows.
- Takes lead on reviewing customer contracts with Sales Operations team and identifies contract elements to be accounted for properly in the GL
- Completes monthly revenue recognition and accounting close responsibilities
- Reviews customer contracts to ensure revenue is accurately recorded based on the terms of the agreement
- Works with Sales Operations team to ensure deals are structured for favorable revenue treatment
- Takes ownership of invoicing by ensuring completeness and accuracy
- Performs monthly balance sheet reconciliations related to AR and deferred revenue
- Assists with revenue process automation & ensures compliance with the revenue recognition standard (ASC 606)
- Prepares ad hoc analysis for management reporting
- Contributes to a positive team environment
What You Bring:
- 3-5 years of experience in Revenue Accounting. Experience with subscription-based software companies, preferred
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- Experience with midsize to large ERP systems, Intacct preferred. Experience with Salesforce preferred
- Experience interpreting financial terms of Master Service Agreements and work orders, preferred or strong desire to learn
- Possess intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel (experience using v-lookups, pivot tables, filters, and various formulas required)
- Able to manage competing priorities, work collaboratively with other departments
- Preferred knowledge of ASC 606 contracts with customers and impacts to SaaS accounting
- Initiative, passion for teamwork, and strong sense of ownership
- Resourcefulness and eagerness to learn
- Ability to organize and prioritize in a fast paced, competing time demands environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills