UserTesting enables companies to put their customers at the center of every business decision by leveraging the power of human insights. The most advanced on-demand customer insights platform, UserTesting enables product managers, UX researchers and designers, marketers, and digital executives to connect with their exact target customer in a matter of hours and uncover actionable insights that drive ROI. More than 35,000 companies have adopted UserTesting to make smarter business decisions throughout the design and development of their digital experiences as well as in their marketing messaging and competitive positioning.
The UX Research Manager is responsible for the professional development of a team of UX Researchers. Their primary focus is two-fold; first, enabling the members of their team to identify and address areas of opportunity with regard to performance and guiding them to achieve individual success; second identifying areas of opportunity for the UserTesting business to achieve improved profitability and efficiency.
- Define operational goals with senior leadership and are accountable to ensure they are met.
- Define and ensure performance goals are met for all team members.
- Provide subject matter expert leadership across methodologies to both internal and external customers.
- Collaborate with team members to assist in planning, analyzing, and composing reports on studies with the primary goal of supporting the delivery of excellent client work.
- Review and provide insightful feedback on reports with a primary focus on helping team members get better.
- Drive and lead AMPed Certification as appropriate. Develop and lead or identify training opportunities for teams.
- 1-2 promotions of team members per year
- 8+ average employee satisfaction score
- 2+ expertise and knowledge sharing opportunities per year (mentorship, blog posts, external conferences, etc.)
- 2+ industry events per year (attend or present)
Description of Success
- Mentor and guide Associate and UX Researchers through the planning, analysis, and reporting process to drive individual professional development.
- Create, assess, and track/maintain individualized plans to optimize performance for all team members.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in behavioral science or closely related discipline. These fields may include but are not limited to Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Sociology, Interface Design, or Computer Science.
- At least 5+ years of progressively increasing responsibilities
- At least 6+ years or relevant experience in Human Factors as a UX Research, Analyst, or similar role in a professional environment.
- Demonstrated mastery of user-centered research methods.
- Solid interpersonal skills.
- Self-directed with excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrated success leading and managing professional teams.
This job is also available in our San Francisco Office.
Besides a great work environment and the opportunity to change the world, we offer competitive salary, benefits, plenty of perks, as well as stock options.
To learn more, visit our careers page: https://www.usertesting.com/about-us/jobs