As a member of the engineering team, you will be responsible for performing proactive end to end testing and verification for ongoing product releases, managing defect resolution, and helping to ensure the continuous delivery of features. We consider test engineers an integral partner of our test driven culture.
- Rigorously test product functionality and investigate all potential product defects
- Work closely with software developers and stakeholders to ensure that acceptance criteria is testable
- Design and manage comprehensive test plans for each feature release
- Work to identify root causes of issues and partner with engineering team members to resolve
- Act as the technical test resource to project teams, ensuring reported defects and feature requests have the information required to address and resolve them
- Document and manage the process for reporting production defects
- Act as liaison between engineering and other departments to determine next steps and communicate defect status
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, or related field
- 5+ years manual functional/regression testing design and execution experience
- Ability to debug and troubleshoot problems, not simply identify them
- Demonstrated knowledge of test engineering within agile processes; how QA can help software teams deliver greater business value
- Automated and performance testing experience
- Experience testing on multiple devices, browsers and platforms
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
Bonus points for:
- Working knowledge of Ruby, or other, development experience
- Familiarity with the SQL database concepts and ability to analyze and write queries
- Experience in the field of User Experience
- Experience using UserTesting is a big plus!
Besides a great work environment and the opportunity to change the world, we offer competitive salary, benefits, plenty of perks, as well as stock options. We value diversity, and are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.
Learn more about what it is like to work at UserTesting at: https://www.usertesting.com/about-us/job