UserTesting enables companies to put their customers at the center of every business decision by leveraging the power of human insights. The most advanced on-demand customer insights platform, UserTesting enables product managers, UX researchers and designers, marketers, and digital executives to connect with their exact target customer in a matter of hours and uncover actionable insights that drive ROI. More than 35,000 companies have adopted UserTesting to make smarter business decisions throughout the design and development of their digital experiences as well as in their marketing messaging and competitive positioning.
As a Director of Product Management at UserTesting, you’ll be responsible for setting the strategy and vision for a large product area, and leading a team of Product Managers to deliver results. To achieve this you’ll be interacting with our customers to understand their needs, have an informed opinion on the evolving market we compete in, and identify opportunities we have to delight our customers and continue to help grow their business and ours.
This is a role for a strategic thinker and strong communicator who can rally the entire team and company behind their compelling vision for our product. You should be good at saying no and understanding the balance between building great products, and shipping great products. This means defining and tracking important business and usage data to measure the results for product areas you own.
You’ll be working closely with our executive team, design, engineering, marketing, sales and customer support to drive large product initiatives from inception, through development, release and beyond to ensure we continue to deliver amazing experiences for our customers and growth for our business.
What you’ll be doing
- Be the product leader driving our strategic product & technology vision for a big part of UserTesting’s product & business.
- Demand a customer-first approach. Define and articulate the customer experience and impact for key stakeholders.
- Translate customer and internal user needs into clear, well-defined functional and technical requirements backed by data analysis and deep understanding of the landscape
- Lead the product team through rapid product experimentation cycles, to discover new products and features our customers will love.
- Collaborate with groups across the company -- design, engineering, marketing, sales, support, operations, etc. -- to deliver an awesome product.
- Keep one eye on our fast moving market to ensure we remain well positioned.
- Drive alignment and buy-in at all levels of the company to rally everyone around your vision.
- Manage and grow a team of product managers while providing development, mentorship, and excitement to exceed team and company goals.
An ideal candidate
- 8+ years product management experience. Saas, growth, & platform experience a plus.
- Strong understanding of user-centered design principles as they relate to web applications. Bonus for work experience in UI/UX design.
- Proven track record for developing, managing, and launching large-scale web-based software products.
- Strong technical and data-analysis skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, as well as interpersonal skills.
- Agile, adaptable and capable of delivering new products and features iteratively.
- Familiarity with various aspects of Lean methodologies, including customer development, hypothesis-driven planning, and evidence-led product design.
- Experience working in a data-driven environment, ideally with both qualitative and quantitative research experience.
- Must be resourceful, self-motivated and able to be successful in a non-traditional entrepreneurial team-based environment.
- Bachelor’s in Design, Business, or Engineering is preferred. MBA a plus.
- Customer Engagement & growth experience a plus.
- Experience with agile development methodologies a plus.
- Track record of managing, developing & motivating a team of product managers.
Besides a great work environment and the opportunity to change the world, we offer competitive salary, benefits, plenty of perks, as well as stock options.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at UserTesting at: https://www.usertesting.com/about-us/jobs