UserTesting lets companies put their customers at the center of every business decision through the power of human insights. The most advanced on-demand customer insights platform, UserTesting helps product managers, UX researchers, designers, marketers, and executives connect with customers in a matter of hours and uncover new insights to improve existing products and services and create new ones. More than 35,000 companies have adopted UserTesting to make smarter business decisions throughout the design and development of their digital experiences as well as in their marketing messaging and competitive positioning.
Help shape our product experience by crafting human and clear UX and UI copy. From ideation through implementation, you'll participate in all phases of the design and development processes to create a great user experience.
This is not the typical writing role. You will create content for many formats, from online documentation to in-app copy to video and webinars.
What You Will Do
- Create customer-engaging content: just-in-time videos and in-app copy, notifications, error messages, feature nomenclature, support documentation, scripting webinars, slides, and more.
- Advocate for clear, concise copy and create, maintain, and evolve content guidelines.
- Translate complicated concepts into copy that resonates with its audience.
- Collaborate with user researchers, designers, engineers, marketers, project managers, and stakeholders on a daily basis.
- Implement user feedback and insights.
- Maintain multiple projects with fast-moving schedules.
- Adapt to last-minute requests and changing timelines.
- Understand and discuss strategy, metrics, and results
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's degree
- Background writing about software for 3–5+ years
- Familiarity with the Chicago Manual of Style
- Knowledge of online technology and related products, including mobile UI and tools
- Consideration of the entire experience, not just copy
- Understanding of user experience research principles and practices
- Ability to use data to provide informed user insights
- Graphic and video creation and editing experience
- Experience writing content that was translated for localization
Besides a great work environment and the opportunity to change the world, we offer competitive salary, benefits, plenty of perks, as well as stock options. We value diversity, and are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.