We're a fast-growing startup in our 13th year of business, with campuses in San Francisco and Atlanta. We make it easy for businesses to understand how customers interact with their digital properties so that they can improve their customer experience. We do this by giving companies on-demand access to people in their exact target market who deliver video, audio, and written feedback on websites, mobile apps, and prototypes. Over 30,000 companies, including Google, Facebook, CBS, Apple, and The Home Depot, use UserTesting to improve their user experience—and their bottom line.
What makes the difference between a product that’s engaging, compelling, and easy to use—and one that’s frustrating, broken, and complicated? The answer is user experience. Here at UserTesting, our mission is to eliminate bad user experiences from the world.
We’re looking for a smart, fun, and effective person to join the Research Team! There’s a short video about us on this page (http://bit.ly/OF6OBM).
What you’ll do:
The Senior UX Researcher is primarily responsible for conducting, analyzing, and reporting on user-centered design research and usability studies for customers, both internal and external to UserTesting. They are focused on hard and soft skills training to further their professional development and achieve excellence in analysis and delivery. Most of our clients work in E-commerce, Gaming, Education, Health, Non-profit, and B2B.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of Standard research methodologies and data analysis techniques as they evolve.
- Plan and execute studies to learn user preferences, attitudes, behaviors, and feedback in collaboration with internal and external customers.
- Write reports including findings and recommendations that drive user discovery and future design improvements.
- 3-4 projects at a time
- 75% customer work
- 4+ average customer feedback score
- 4+ average internal feedback score
- 1+ industry event per year
Description of success
- Deliver high-quality Standard and selected Intermediate study deliverables, working with customers and other UserTesting team members to ensure clear objectives are defined and achieved.
- Deliverables are clear, concise, and consistent with the expectations and needs agreed to during the scoping process.
- Develop reports detailing findings and recommendations that reflect an understanding of customers’ context and industry best practice.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in behavioral science or closely related discipline. These fields may include but are not limited to Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Sociology, Interface Design, or Computer Science.
- At least 5 years or relevant experience in Human Factors as a UX Researcher, Analyst, or similar role in a professional environment.
- Experience with a variety of user-centered research tools and methods, ideally in running a variety of studies.
- Solid written and verbal communication.
- Technology-savvy and personable.
- Ability to synthesize and distill large amounts of qualitative data to surface meaningful information.
- Detail-oriented, able to learn quickly and adapt to a fast-paced and highly interactive environment.
Bonus points for:
- Graduate degree in a related field
- Public speaking or teaching experience
- Customer service experience in any industry
- Big bonus points if you’ve used our service!
This is NOT a UX Designer position - this is a UX Research position.
Besides a great work environment and the opportunity to change the world, we offer competitive salary, benefits, plenty of perks, as well as stock options.