Our data platform enables analytics, experimentation, machine learning models, streaming, reporting infrastructure and systems metrics which powers and drives innovation at UserTesting. Our team of data engineers and scientists is focused on creating a competitive advantage for UserTesting and our customers through novel data infrastructure, metrics, insights and data services. We are a small but rapidly growing team that builds and leverages state-of-the-art analytics systems, especially around video and Natural Language Processing (NLP).
As a Big Data Engineer, you’ll design, develop & tune data products, applications and integrations on large scale data platforms with an emphasis on performance, reliability and scalability and most of all quality. You’ll support our Machine Learning efforts by building large-scale distributed infrastructure for rapid experimentation, training, and inference. You are passionate about applying cutting-edge machine learning to real-world problems and building the required frameworks and tools to do so.
You will play a key role in the evolution of our Data Platform, duties include:
- Work closely with product and design to discover and build solutions that help our customers build great user experiences
- Collaborate with engineers who are both remote and co-located in our Mountain View, San Francisco, and Atlanta offices
- Work effectively within a team environment, to regularly solicit and act on feedback, focus on root causes, and continually strive to improve
- Enhance our customer-facing platform, tester panel distribution systems, video playback tools, and mobile device recording capabilities
- Advocate and lead-by-example best practices for code quality in architecture and design, maintainability, performance, and scalability
- Lead on promoting just-right solutions to build for the future while also avoiding costly premature optimizations
- At least 5 years of software development experience.
- At least 3 years of experience of using Big Data systems.
- Strong in one or more languages (Python/Ruby/Scala/Java/C++)
- Strong experience on a professional software development team building highly scalable, distributed systems in the cloud
- Experience in REST API design and implementation
- Experience with messaging, queuing, and workflow systems, especially Kafka or Amazon Kinesis
- Experience with non-relational, NoSQL databases and various data-storage systems, especially: Cassandra, ElasticSearch/Solr, Neo4j, etc.
- Experience working with Machine Learning, especially NLP
- Experience with software development on top of Deep Learning Frameworks, especially Tensorflow/Keras
- Data engineering knowledge including ETL, DataWarehouse, Data Visualization, etc.
- Data modeling experience with columnar data formats
- Experience integrating with CI tools programmatically
- Experience with Docker, registries and container deployment services (e.g., AWS ECS, Kubernetes).
Besides a great work environment and the opportunity to change the world, we offer competitive salaries, benefits, plenty of perks, as well as equity participation.
UserTesting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. UserTesting will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.