UserTesting, as the world's leading User Experience Research provider, has an enormous amount of language data, with millions of video, audio, and text documents around real users engaging with different user experiences.
Our team of data engineers and scientists is focused on creating a competitive advantage for UserTesting and our customers through novel data infrastructure, metrics, insights and data services. We are a small but rapidly growing team that builds and leverages state-of-the-art analytics systems, especially around video and Natural Language Processing (NLP).
We are looking for NLP experts with strong fundamentals in software development, computer science, and Machine Learning. You will be working in a fast-paced environment, working across teams and organizations, and should be comfortable with a rough first-pass solution in order to accelerate learning before bringing out the big Deep Learning guns. As UserTesting, we love building elegant user experiences, with a passion for the customer experience and deeply understanding our users. You will apply your knowledge of NLP algorithms and ML for development of key features to accelerate our customers’ ability to understand and analyze vast amounts of video and text data, and to better understand how we match participants to tests. In addition to green-field research and development, you will be excited to be developing new features, maintaining existing code, fixing bugs, and contributing to overall system design.
- Design, build, develop, validate, productionize, monitor, and maintain NLP machine learning and deep learning models
- Work across product teams to identify opportunities for NLP and translate them into actionable data science projects
- Assist in incorporating text data as features to existing models in production
- Be the in-house NLP expert, lead NLP initiatives, and help cultivate company-wide best practices for NLP
- Work with data engineers to design data pipelines to effectively store, normalize, and access text data
- Be a part of an engineering team with total responsibility of both algorithms, modeling, engineering and production scaling and support
- 3+ years of programming experience, proficiency in Python, Java, Scala or C++
- 3+ years industry experience in building and productionizing NLP machine learning and deep learning models in Python or another programming language
- Advanced Degree preferred (MA or PhD) in computer science, engineering, statistics, or computational linguistics
- Expertise in several of the following domains: sentiment analysis, information extraction, parsing, machine translation, feature extraction, text classification, tokenization, knowledge graphs, etc.
- Experience with open source machine learning toolkits: Tensorflow, Keras, Theano, CNTK, Scikit-learn, Pandas, Numpy, LibSVM
- Experience with NLP toolkits such as NLTK, OpenNLP, Stanford CoreNLP etc.
Besides a great work environment and the opportunity to change the world, we offer competitive salary, benefits, plenty of perks, as well as equity participation.
UserTesting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. UserTesting will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.