The Business Intelligence team is UserTesting’s analytical Swiss army knife that provides integrated analytics to drive the company’s most important operational and strategic decisions. The core responsibility of the team is to curate and track the company’s revenue goals and key performance metrics.
We work closely with the senior executive team to synthesize data into actionable insights that inform company strategy. This is an ever-evolving process that requires a deep understanding of the operations of each department and the ability to measure the most important leading and lagging indicators of performance.
We are curious, open minded collaborators that move fast to respond to the needs of the business. Our team is process driven: always learning from other teams and disciplines. We are looking to add a team member who is eager to learn on the go and contribute their own analytical perspective to our work.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for a current student looking to develop strong analytical and strategic skills in the wide range of business operations challenges at a fast-growing, venture-backed Silicon Valley startup. The intern will work closely with senior executives across all departments – from Product to Marketing to Customer Success – on the core business challenges our company faces today.
The intern will be expected to undertake the full responsibilities of a Business Analyst for the summer. They will contribute to the team’s regular activities: from company reporting to business analytics. In addition to this, the intern will also take on a capstone project that will be the focus of their summer; the project is flexible based on the intern’s skills and interests, but will address a critical business process that requires further analytics or modeling such as Gross Retention, Growth Forecasting, and Customer Lifetime Value.
- Develop and improve models that analyze large amount of business data to make compelling recommendations around intricate business strategy problems.
- Work closely with the various business operations team to create, maintain, and drive the strategic narrative around the company’s KPIs and metrics.
- Collaborate with different departments to create scalable operational improvements through better planning, goal setting, forecasting, performance tracking, and process optimization.
- Pursuing a BA/BS from an undergraduate institution with an academic focus on quantitative and analytical subjects; relevant majors include: Management Science, Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, Statistics or Business
- A GPA of 3.5 or greater
- Relevant coursework or work experience in data analytics
- Knowledge of SQL is a plus
- Passion for learning and applying ones’ skills to business problems
- Meticulous attention to detail, strong communication and organizational skills