UserTesting is a super fast-growing SaaS software startup, with campuses in San Francisco and Atlanta, and nearly 300 employees.
We make it easy for businesses to understand how customers interact with their digital properties so that they can improve their customer experience. We do this by giving companies on-demand access to people in their exact target market who deliver video, audio, and written feedback on websites, mobile apps, and prototypes. Over 34,000 companies, including Google, Facebook, CBS, Apple, and The Home Depot, use UserTesting to improve their user experience—and their bottom line.
As a Senior Accountant on the UT team, you will be in charge of revenue recognition and accounts receivables, along with other activities to keep us humming. You'll be a key contributor to our adoption of ASC 606, our month-end close process, and reporting for executive-level decision-making.
We are looking for someone who can take ownership of a process while looking for ways to scale and improve the process as the company grows. You will report to the Head of Accounting.
- Lead the month close procedures for the entire Order-to-Cash process, including creating Sales Orders, issuing invoices, applying customer payments, reconciling key accounts and internal reports, etc.
- Manage revenue recognition during month-end close, including reviewing contracts, running revenue recognition in Intacct, and reconciling deferred revenue, etc.
- Help manage our collections process
- Serve as point of contact for Sales, Customer Success, and act as internal liaison, providing customer support regarding billing issues to customers and internal sales team
- Help to develop, document, and implement policies and procedures that drive efficiency across the business
- Assist with quarterly and year-end audit
- Work on a ASC 606-compliant Revenue Recognition process
- Engage on other ad hoc projects focusing on Accounting Operations, forecasting, and analyses.
What You Bring:
- 5+ years of accounting experience, plus a degree in Accounting
- Integrity and honesty: you will be trusted to work with highly sensitive and confidential information
- Initiative, passion for teamwork, and strong sense of ownership
- Resourcefulness and eagerness to learn
- Ability to organize and prioritize in a fast paced, competing time demands environment
- Structured thinking
- Advanced Excel skills and exceptional attention-to-detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills