UserTesting enables companies to put their customers at the center of every business decision by leveraging the power of human insights. The most advanced on-demand customer insights platform, UserTesting enables product managers, UX researchers and designers, marketers, and digital executives to connect with their exact target customer in a matter of hours and uncover actionable insights that drive ROI. More than 35,000 companies have adopted UserTesting to make smarter business decisions throughout the design and development of their digital experiences as well as in their marketing messaging and competitive positioning.
You will play a key role in our product evolution, duties include:
- Work closely with product and design to discover and build solutions that help our customers build great user experiences
- Collaborate with engineers who are both remote and co-located in our Mountain View, San Francisco, and Atlanta offices
- Work effectively within a team environment, to regularly solicit and act on feedback, focus on root causes, and continually strive to improve
- Enhance our customer-facing platform, tester panel distribution systems, video playback tools, and mobile device recording capabilities
- Advocate and lead-by-example best practices for code quality in architecture and design, maintainability, performance, and scalability
- Lead on promoting just-right solutions to build for the future while also avoiding costly premature optimizations
This is a full-time remote position located anywhere in the US.
- Experience with a variety of JS frameworks such as Angular and React
- Passion for engineering practices such as refactoring, TDD, CI/CD, pair programming, and design/code reviews
- Customer-centered desire to solve hard technical problems with simple solutions
- Experience with high discipline agile development processes such as Lean/Scrum/Kanban/XP
- Familiar with or deep interest in flow-based development processes with continuous (30+) deployments daily
- Seeks regular feedback and collaborates naturally with peers and functions outside of engineering
Bonus points for:
- Experience with client-side performance optimization; security
- Experience in the field of Usability
- Experience with SaaS product development
- Experience with rapid-prototyping and validating assumptions using qualitative and quantitative methods
- Experience using UserTesting is a big plus
- Unix system administration experience
Besides a great work environment and the opportunity to change the world, we offer competitive salary, benefits, plenty of perks, as well as stock options. We value diversity, and are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.