UserTesting enables companies to put their customers at the center of every business decision by leveraging the power of human insights. The most advanced on-demand customer insights platform, UserTesting enables product managers, UX researchers and designers, marketers, and digital executives to connect with their exact target customer in a matter of hours and uncover actionable insights that drive ROI. More than 35,000 companies have adopted UserTesting to make smarter business decisions throughout the design and development of their digital experiences as well as in their marketing messaging and competitive positioning.
As a Principal UX Researcher, you will lead a squad of Researchers, Project Managers, and other team members as needed to deliver high-quality insights to UserTesting customers. Your primary areas of focus are:
- Ensuring that the deliverables we create for customers are clear, compelling, and aligned with their research objectives
- Driving value for key strategic customer relationships by bringing to bear your extensive experience and expertise.
- Using what you learn as we engage with customers to drive improvements in UserTesting research practice, the creation and delivery of thought leadership content, and UserTesting product and service enhancements.
- Collaborate with team members to plan, analyze, and report on research across a variety of methodologies.
- Guide the creation of, review, and approval of deliverables to ensure quality.
- Present findings and recommendations that drive user discovery and future design improvements by conference call or in person.
- Travel onsite to plan, train, drive growth or renewal, and build relationships with customers.
- Provide subject matter expert leadership internally and for customers across methodologies.
- Drive and lead internal training.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in behavioral science or closely related discipline. These fields may include but are not limited to Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Sociology, Interface Design, or Computer Science.
- At least 6+ years or relevant experience in Human Factors as a UX Researcher, Analyst, or similar role in a professional environment.
- Ability to synthesize and distill wide-ranging insights into coherent and compelling narratives for delivery to UX Research or Product customer teams with varying degrees of experience.
- Self-directed with excellent time management skills.Demonstrated mastery of user-centered research methods.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
Besides a great work environment and the opportunity to change the world, we offer competitive salary, benefits, plenty of perks, as well as stock options. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.