UserTesting enables companies to put their customers at the center of every business decision by leveraging the power of human insights. The most advanced on-demand customer insights platform, UserTesting enables product managers, UX researchers and designers, marketers, and digital executives to connect with their exact target customer in a matter of hours and uncover actionable insights that drive ROI. More than 35,000 companies have adopted UserTesting to make smarter business decisions throughout the design and development of their digital experiences as well as in their marketing messaging and competitive positioning.
Data Engineers are responsible for designing and developing robust, scalable solutions for managing the data that makes UserTesting run. This includes collecting and analyzing large data sets, creating and maintaining the data pipelines used throughout the organization.
The ideal candidate for this role is:
- experienced in managing and prioritizing multiple projects based on business requirements
- excited about leveraging their technical depth and breadth to design, build and support data solutions.
- an excellent communicator who can actively engage in conversations about data needs across UserTesting
- Proactively drive and facilitate conversations about data needs with stakeholders across the company
- Understand, unify and integrate internal and third-party systems using industry best practices for scalability, quality, simplicity, and maintainability
- Design, develop, and support our software and automation tools to enable consumption that accelerates our understanding of data
- Ownership of end-to-end data solutions that includes internal and third-party systems and software components
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects based on evolving business needs from a business value perspective
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical experience
- 5+ years of Data Warehouse experience (AWS Redshift, Hive, Vertica, etc)
- 5+ years of experience in custom or structured ETL design, implementation, maintenance and support
- 3+ years of Python and SQL experience
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence tools and platforms such as SFDC, Marketo, Google Analytics, Optimizely, Tableau, and Periscope.
- Experience with ETL management tools such as: Pentaho Kettle, Azkaban, Airflow, or similar
- Ability to work with and in distributed teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including facilitation, project management, and working with others in our Product Team to communicate data-driven insights
Nice to have:
- Experience working with Spark, AWS
- Development experience with Ruby, Rails, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with machine learning tools and frameworks such as TensorFlow, NumPy, Scikit-Learn, Mahout, etc.
Besides a great work environment and the opportunity to change the world, we offer competitive salary, benefits, plenty of perks, as well as stock options. We value diversity, and are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.