UserTesting enables companies to put their customers at the center of every business decision by leveraging the power of human insights. The most advanced on-demand customer insights platform, UserTesting enables product managers, UX researchers and designers, marketers, and digital executives to connect with their exact target customer in a matter of hours and uncover actionable insights that drive ROI. More than 35,000 companies have adopted UserTesting to make smarter business decisions throughout the design and development of their digital experiences as well as in their marketing messaging and competitive positioning.
As a Product Manager at UserTesting, you’ll be responsible for managing and driving your product area’s direction to ensure our product continues to exceed the expectations of our customers. To achieve this you’ll be interacting with our customers to understand their needs, have an informed opinion on the evolving market we compete in and identify opportunities we have to delight our customers and continue to help grow their business and ours.
This is a role for a strategic thinker and strong communicator who can rally the entire team behind their compelling vision for our product. You should be good at saying no and understand the balance between building great products, and shipping great products. You’ll need to be analytical and not release into a vacuum. This means defining and tracking important business and usage data to measure the results for product areas you own.
You’ll be working closely with design, engineering, marketing and customer support to drive large product initiatives from inception, through development, release and beyond to ensure we continue to deliver amazing experiences for our customers.
What you’ll be doing
- Define the product strategy for key parts of UserTesting and manage the priorities throughout their planning, development, release and beyond.
- Deeply understand the needs of our awesome customers.
- Lead the product team through rapid product experimentation cycles, to discover new products and features our customers will love.
- Be the voice of the customer (that means both current and future) in all aspects of product development and delivery.
- Collaborate with functional groups across the company to deliver an awesome product including design, engineering, marketing, support, operations, etc.
An ideal candidate
- 3 - 5 years product management experience.
- Strong understanding of user-centered design principles as they relate to web applications. Bonus for work experience in UI/UX design.
- Proven track record for developing, managing, and launching large-scale web-based software products.
- Strong technical and data-analysis skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, as well as interpersonal skills.
- Agile, adaptable and capable of delivering new products and features iteratively.
- Familiarity with various aspects of Lean methodologies, including customer development, hypothesis-driven planning, and evidence-led product design.
- Experience working in a data-driven environment, ideally with both qualitative and quantitative research experience.
- Must be resourceful, self-motivated and able to be successful in a non-traditional entrepreneurial team-based environment.
- Bachelor’s in Design, Business, or Engineering is preferred. MBA a plus.
- Experience with agile development methodologies a plus.
Besides a great work environment and the opportunity to change the world, we offer competitive salary, benefits, plenty of perks, as well as stock options.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at UserTesting at: https://www.usertesting.com/about-us/jobs