UserTesting is a super fast-growing SaaS software startup, with campuses in San Francisco, Atlanta, Edinburgh and nearly 400 employees. We make it easy for businesses to understand how customers interact with their digital properties so that they can improve their customer experience. We do this by giving companies on-demand access to people in their exact target market who deliver video, audio, and written feedback on websites, mobile apps, and prototypes. Over 34,000 companies, including Google, Facebook, CBS, Apple, and The Home Depot, use UserTesting to improve their user experience—and their bottom line.
As a Tax Manager on the UT team, you will be responsible for all sales and property tax accounting including, international and domestic sales tax registrations, sales and property tax filings, and tax compliance responsibilities. The role will also assist in various projects that support the accounting department’s goals.
We are looking for someone who can take ownership of a process while looking for ways to scale and improve the process as the company grows. You will report to the Corporate Controller.
- Maintains and files sales tax across all states including analysis and reporting.
- Maintains compliance with regulations of international, federal, state, and local authorities.
- Prepares company property tax returns by reviewing, preparing, and consolidating schedules.
- Assists in conducting a thorough analysis of various domestic and international tax issues and identifying opportunities for minimizing taxes and managing risks.
- Revises procedures including organizing and streamlining reporting processes as well as researching and communicating changes in filing requirements.
- Obtains and maintains required business licenses across all states.
- Recommends tax strategies by researching international, federal, state, and local taxation issues.
- Assist with indirect tax compliance and related projects.
- Performs tasks independently, consulting with supervisory team and peers as needed
What You Bring:
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience within sales tax accounting
- International taxation (VAT, GST) experience required
- Experience working on corporate-level tax analyses and multi-state taxation
- Experience preparing US multi-state property tax returns
- Larger ERP (Intacct a plus) and excellent Excel and computer skills
- Strong tax research and analytical skills
- Ability to make decisions, work under pressure and the capacity to use good judgment in critical situations.
- Working knowledge with SaaS / Software experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting principles and procedures.
Besides a great work environment and the opportunity to change the world, we offer competitive salary, benefits, plenty of perks, as well as stock options. We value diversity, and are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.
Learn more about what it is like to work at UserTesting at: https://www.usertesting.com/about-us/job