As a member of the User Science team, you will work with our growing team of quantitative and qualitative researchers to improve the user experience for our customers.
You work closely with Product, Design, Engineering, and Marketing teams to inform products throughout their development cycle. You’ll help generate rich insights to uncover and understand product opportunities. From there, you’ll leverage various research methodologies to evaluate and de-risk product and design assumptions. For live products, you help understand what is and isn’t working, in order to uncover incremental improvements.
In addition, you will develop and employ practices to internally democratize research and enable all team members to create and strive for informed products and experiences.
Product Delivery Responsibilities
- Prioritize and drive a research program that delivers the best user experience
- Identify opportunities for improvement for specific product area by work with data science to deep dive into current usage behavior of that product area (e.g. Recorded Tests), likely by conducting discovery interviews with a set of customers identified with data science.
- Conduct follow-up interviews to help understand customer feedback on specific product area (e.g. Recorded Tests)
- Conduct ongoing research and engage in brainstorming sessions to inform solutions and designs:
- Contribute opportunity and solution ideas to the Opportunity Solution Trees
- Iteratively test concepts and prototypes to shape the design
- Leverage various methodologies to de-risk product and design assumptions with research and data
- Run satisfaction surveys, follow-up usability studies, and interviews to understand why we are or aren’t seeing the indented behavior of a new feature after launch.
- For the above-mentioned research studies, own the following processes:
- Identify the best qualitative or quantitative method(s) based on research questions, timeline and resourcing
- Determine the right target audience and recruit/schedule participants accordingly
- Write up study plan and identify the research goals along with what methodology to use
- Disseminate learnings from the research to the teams and help drive product or design decisions
- Help build a self-service program for making informed decisions throughout the product development process
- Provide resources such as templates and training on how to best leverage the provided resources
- Help build and maintain knowledge sharing infrastructure so everyone at UserTesting knows what we know