As an engineering manager at U+ your primary responsibility is to the people you support: ensuring that they are growing as engineers, doing valuable work and generally having a great time at U+. As a lead for strong engineers, technical leadership and a solid background in software development is a must, so that you’re able to challenge and grow your team members. You will have the opportunity to influence the culture, facilitate technical delivery and work with your team on strategy and execution.
What you will do:
- You will build and lead a team working on a single product (6-15 cross-functional software development engineers) through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development
- Hands-on approach - great full-stack technical skills and experience required
- Responsible for technical and architectural decisions done by the team
- Responsible for maintaining a high quality of product end to end
- Responsible for entire lifetime from first kickoff, development to production phase
- Responsible for a strict following of Scrum practices
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- In close cooperation with Product Owner on a daily basis to ensure transparent, often and frank communication with the client
- Synchronizes with other EMs to ensure maximum leverage of shared knowledge across projects.
- Reports directly to CTO.
Who you are:
- You love developing and growing people and have a tracked record doing it
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about software development
- You have experience in leading, managing, coaching and mentoring software developers towards delivering timely, high-quality software together with them
- You have solid experience working in an agile development environment
What we believe in
- We know that it won’t be easy but in a month you will learn more than in a year elsewhere
- We want you to fail fast and fail often as long as you are learning
- We want you to be a straight up guy/gal
What we offer
- You will be an important and heard part of a team creating globally challenging products from zero to scale
- You will have the opportunity to spend time in our NYC office if you become our top talent
- You will have unlimited vacation, as long as you are learning and doing everything agreed
- You will work with people who will become more than your coworkers with frequent happy hour drinks and beers
- You will experience on a daily base our really twisted sense of humor and informal atmosphere
We are pushing the boundaries of web and mobile applications. We like to work on demanding projects which require us to use the experience of hundreds of projects and look for new solutions and use new technologies. The ability to think without limits, agile development and rapid prototyping give us the possibility to develop startups with ease. We've created more than 60 startups (zonky.cz, mallpay.cz, igluu.cz...). Come build with us!