As an engineering manager at U+ your primary responsibility is to the people you support: ensuring that they are growing as engineers, translate business needs into functioning product increments and generally having a great time at U+.
As a leader of strong engineers, technical leadership and a solid background in software development is a must, so that you’re able to challenge and grow your team members.
You will have the opportunity to influence the culture, facilitate technical delivery and work with your team on strategy and execution.
What you will do:
- Work with product owner and the development team to translate business needs into functioning product increments
- You will build and lead a team working on a single product through coaching, mentoring, hiring, feedback and hands-on career development
- Experience of building sites and understanding all aspects of the build from React to PHP to ElasticSearch
- Responsible for technical and architectural decisions done by the team
- Responsible for maintaining a high quality of product end to end
- Responsible for entire lifetime from first kickoff, development to production phase
- Responsible for a strict following of Agile practices
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- In close cooperation with Product Owner ensure transparent and frank communication with the client
- Synchronizes with other Engineering Managers to ensure maximum leverage of shared knowledge across projects
- Report directly to the CTO
Who you are:
- You love developing and growing people and have a track record doing it
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about software development
- You have experience in leading, managing, coaching and mentoring software developers towards delivering timely, high-quality software together with them
- You have solid experience working in an agile development environment
- You have a strong business overlap
What we believe in
- We know that it won’t be easy but in a month you will learn more than in a year elsewhere
- We want you to fail fast and fail often as long as you are learning
- We want you to be a straight up gal/guy
What we offer
- Unlimited vacation, as long as you are learning and doing everything agreed
- Frequent happy hour drinks and events
- Individual training budget
- Work with great brands
- Home office days every week
- Be an important and heard part of a team creating globally challenging products from zero to scale
We are pushing the boundaries of web and mobile applications. We like to work on demanding projects which require us to use the experience of hundreds of projects and look for new solutions and use new technologies. The ability to think without limits, agile development and rapid prototyping give us the possibility to develop startups with ease. We've created more than 60 startups (zonky.cz, mallpay.cz, igluu.cz...). Come build with us!