We're on a mission to make the internet delightfully human. So we have to find the right people to make that happen. If that’s you, awesome. Come join us on this journey.
Our teams are ambitious and humble – learning, solving and celebrating together.
A Bit About Us:
- 13,000+ websites use Proof
- 20 million visitors see Proof notifications each month
- In Y Combinator W18
- Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
Where We're Going:
- Our goal is to help businesses achieve 1 million winning A/B tests by 2020.
- Build a long lasting business we can all tell our grandchildren about.
- Become the market leader in predictive optimization and personalization.
Proof is looking for a very experienced and enthusiastic Senior Backend Engineer to join our team! This is more than a technical role as you’ll be a creative product and technical contributor. You’ll use your experience to inform our engineering process and decisions when building new features and ensuring scalability and availability of the entire platform.
What You'll Do:
- Design, develop, and deploy backend services with focus on high availability, low latency, and scalability.
- Build and maintain pipelines that process large volumes of data from different sources.
- Build and deploy scaleable dockerized cloud applications/APIs on AWS.
- Enable new uses of existing data through transformation, enrichment, and batch processing.
- Help make our development practices better and reduce friction from idea to deployment.
- Mentor junior engineers and set the stage for personal growth
- Be proud of what you work on, obsess about the quality of the work you produce..
- Join us to do the best work of your career.
What Skills You'll Need
- Significant experience in a software engineering role with a strong focus on data.
- An interest in building scalable & high performance systems.
- Experience building Node.js, Python, and/or Go APIs and utilities from scratch.
- Experience creating, deploying, and monitoring distributed and highly-scalable software systems.
- The ability to stitch multiple cloud service offerings together to build out a product or feature.
- An understanding of data streaming and batch processing tools such as Kafka, Kinesis, Spark, and Hadoop.
- Familiarity with all AWS data services such as Kinesis, ElasticSearch Service, RDS, Redshift, and DynamoDB.
- AWS Certification strongly preferred.
- Bonus points for a candidate with a strong background in infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation.
Our Technology Stack:
- Backend — Node.js, AWS (Kinesis, Lambda, S3, Athena, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB), PostgreSQL, Python
- Dev Ops — Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, Gitlab CI, Terraform
Why Work at Proof:
We’re focused on creating a work environment where employees feel like friends rather than coworkers. To help reach that goal, we provide several benefits to help the team bond both inside and outside of the office! We have weekly catered Taco Tuesdays, weekly Whiskey Happy Hours, daily Ping Pong matches, frequent SuperSmash Brothers competitions, monthly Team Park days, regular Hackathons, and quarterly retreats to fun locations around the globe (our last retreat was in Cancun)!
Our office is centrally located on 6th Street (across from the historic Driskill hotel). 24/7 garage parking is provided to all employees, and if you don’t have a car, we offer a Commuter Benefit reimbursement. We have a bright and open floor plan, and our patio has a gorgeous view of the Austin skyline. There’s free coffee, cold brew on tap, all the La Croix your heart desires, a plethora of snacks, and if you want something else we don’t have — we’re happy to add it to our shopping list.
Our salaries are competitive, we offer stock options in a fast-growing YC-backed business, relocation assistance, 401k company match, a MacBook Pro, any other equipment you need to get your job done, and $3k/year for skill development.
To help our employees stay health, happy and active, we offer a monthly gym reimbursement, unlimited PTO, parental leave, and a weekly remote Thursday. We offer full benefits including health, dental, and vision.
Proof has eight core values and they unite our team in everything we do. They are: be customer obsessed, play the long game, 80/20 everything, swing for the fences, protect our people & help them flourish, have fun & be yourself, honesty even when it hurts, know thy numbers & obey them. We celebrate together when employees demonstrate these values — and we’re looking for team members that are excited to be part of a group that believes in these things!
At this time, all positions will not be accepting remote applicants.