Proof is looking for an Account Executive with a proven track record to join our strategic B2B sales vertical, which is our fastest growing segment and the 2020 company-wide focus.
Why Is This Role Exciting:
You get to be one of the first of many future Account Executives to take a high demand, proven product to market. Our top of funnel demand is quickly gaining momentum, and we need experienced Account Executives to continue to drive revenue growth. Your time will not be wasted trying to convince companies because we have case studies (see here
) showing exactly how our product has increased conversions for B2B companies. We've worked extremely hard to make sure you can succeed in this role.
Why Is This Role Important:
You get to step in as one of the founding members of our sales organization and immediately play a pivotal role in Proof's growth and upmarket trajectory. Given the company-wide focus on the growth of this product, you'll be working side by side with our CEO to establish and scale a more formalized sales process. This role is not for "closers", but for someone who is genuinely helpful and will do everything in their power to help the customer succeed.
Brief Background Of Proof:
- 13,000+ websites currently use our software.
- Graduated from the Y Combinator W18 batch.
- Our mission is to Make the Internet Delightfully Human.
- Our goal is to become the market leader in website personalization for B2B companies.
- Our job to be done is helping companies increase their website conversion rates.
- Our dream is to build a long lasting company that our families are proud of and that we can all tell our grandchildren about (because we know that life is more than winning A/B tests).
What You'll Do:
- Manage a pipeline of qualified inbound and self-sourced leads to identify and develop relationships with potential buyers.
- Consistently deliver value-based, high impact product demonstrations.
- Acquire new customers at or above quota level.
- Regularly forecast and report sales activity and key success metrics to the company.
What Skills You'll Need:
- 2+ years of experience at a high-growth technology company (bonus for selling in the SaaS or marketing space)
- Top producer in your current role with a proven history of quota achievement.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with tools for email marketing, video calls, and pipeline management, such as: Hubspot, Zoom, Hangouts, Drift, etc.
KPI's and Pay:
We believe it's important for every role in our company to know what success is. This allows you to focus on the unique value that you contribute to the company. The primary KPI to indicate if you are successful at this role is % quota attainment. We'll set you up for success with ramp quotas, and provide incentives such as uncapped commissions and quota accelerators as well as a focused intention on your upward mobility to help you grow your career at Proof.
Within 1 Month:
- You'll have a working knowledge of the product and the pain it solves for our customers.
- You'll know how we calculate success potential and identify who good-fit customers are.
- You'll have an understanding of our market/alternatives/competitors.
- You’ll start 1:1's with your manager (the CEO), shadow meetings, and meet other leaders across the organization.
- You'll work with your manager and peers practicing sales conversations so you’re ready to start demos within the first 30 days.
- You'll conduct your first demo and maybe even close your first sale!
Within 3 Months:
- You'll build pipeline from inbound marketing leads as well as your own self-sourced opportunities.
- You'll close your first deals and be ready to hit full quota in month 4 or 5.
- You’ll master the product, know the features inside and out, understand the industry, and be able to articulate the value of our product to marketing teams.
- You'll learn and refine new sales skills with regular feedback and training sessions.
- You'll collaborate with peers in the sales organization, customers, and other cross-functional team members to deliver a delightful sales process.
Why Work at Proof:
We’re focused on creating a work environment where employees feel like friends rather than coworkers. Our office is centrally located on 6th Street (across from the historic Driskill hotel). 24/7 garage parking is provided to all employees, and if you don’t have a car, we offer a Commuter Benefit reimbursement. We have a bright and open floor plan, and our patio has a gorgeous view of the Austin skyline. There’s free coffee, cold brew on tap, all the La Croix your heart desires, a plethora of snacks, and if you want something else we don’t have — we’re happy to add it to our shopping list.
Our salaries are competitive, we offer stock options in a fast-growing YC-backed business, relocation assistance, 401k company match, a MacBook Pro, any other equipment you need to get your job done, and $3k/year for skill development.
To help our employees stay health, happy and active, we offer a monthly gym reimbursement, unlimited PTO, parental leave, and a weekly remote Thursday. We offer full benefits including health, dental, and vision.
We believe in four core values to unite our team and guide everything we do. They are: Be Customer Obsessed, Be Scrappy, Be a Team Player, and Own It. We celebrate together when team members demonstrate these values — and we’re looking for team members that are excited to be part of a group that believes in these things!
The Proof team is based in downtown Austin. We can help you move here, but will not be accepting remote applicants at this time.