We're on a mission to make the internet delightfully human. So we have to find the right people to make that happen. If that’s you, awesome. Come join us on this journey.
Our teams are ambitious and humble – learning, solving and celebrating together.
A Bit About Us:
- 13,000+ websites use Proof
- 20 million visitors see Proof notifications each month
- In Y Combinator W18
- Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
Where We're Going:
- Our goal is to help businesses achieve 1 million winning A/B tests by 2020.
- Build a long lasting business we can all tell our grandchildren about.
- Become the market leader in predictive optimization and personalization.
Proof is seeking a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our engineering team! As a Senior Full Stack Engineer at Proof, you will help develop and roll out exciting new features and continuously improve and evolve our existing platform. You will be responsible for building & maintaining various web applications for internal tools. You will be working closely with our product managers, designers, and other engineers to take Proof to the next level.
What You'll Do:
- Contribute to our technical architecture as we grow. We scale to service requests from all our customers’ customers. We’re growing and so are they.
- Care about agility as much you care for scalability and availability. Continuous deployment keeps us focused on incremental releases. Even our biggest technical achievements roll out piece by piece.
- Be proud of what you work on, obsess about the quality of the work you produce.
- Join us to do the best work of your career.
What Skills You'll Need:
- Experience with modern backend frameworks such as Node.js, Flask, Django, etc.
- An understanding of how to build web apps that are fast, scalable, and extensible
- An understanding of the importance of writing good tests and experience with testing frameworks such as Mocha and Jasmine
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Bonus points for strong experience deploying your code on AWS and interacting with AWS services
- 5+ years of industry software engineering experience
- 5+ years experience building scalable backend infrastructure
- MS/BS in computer science or related field
Our Technology Stack:
- Backend — Node.js, AWS (Kinesis, Lambda, S3, Athena, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB), PostgreSQL, Python
- Dev Ops — Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, Gitlab CI, Terraform
Why Work at Proof:
We’re focused on creating a work environment where employees feel like friends rather than coworkers. To help reach that goal, we provide several benefits to help the team bond both inside and outside of the office! We have weekly catered Taco Tuesdays, weekly Whiskey Happy Hours, daily Ping Pong matches, frequent SuperSmash Brothers competitions, monthly Team Park days, regular Hackathons, and quarterly retreats to fun locations around the globe (our last retreat was in Cancun)!
Our office is centrally located on 6th Street (across from the historic Driskill hotel). 24/7 garage parking is provided to all employees, and if you don’t have a car, we offer a Commuter Benefit reimbursement. We have a bright and open floor plan, and our patio has a gorgeous view of the Austin skyline. There’s free coffee, cold brew on tap, all the La Croix your heart desires, a plethora of snacks, and if you want something else we don’t have — we’re happy to add it to our shopping list.
Our salaries are competitive, we offer stock options in a fast-growing YC-backed business, relocation assistance, 401k company match, a MacBook Pro, any other equipment you need to get your job done, and $3k/year for skill development.
To help our employees stay health, happy and active, we offer a monthly gym reimbursement, unlimited PTO, parental leave, and a weekly remote Thursday. We offer full benefits including health, dental, and vision.
Proof has eight core values and they unite our team in everything we do. They are: be customer obsessed, play the long game, 80/20 everything, swing for the fences, protect our people & help them flourish, have fun & be yourself, honesty even when it hurts, know thy numbers & obey them. We celebrate together when employees demonstrate these values — and we’re looking for team members that are excited to be part of a group that believes in these things!
At this time, all positions will not be accepting remote applicants.