Do you love financial planning but think the current models of providing service to clients are outdated and ready for change? Are you excited about combining innovative technology with traditional planning principles? Are you tired of doing things a certain way simply because ”that’s how it has always been done”?
Grove is a venture capital-backed, award winning
startup with a mission to make personalized financial advice affordable and accessible to everyone. We have developed a proprietary technology platform that improves the financial planning experience for both client and planner: clients get convenient, comprehensive, easy-to-understand advice at an affordable price, and planners spend more time focused on helping clients. We’ve recently been featured in TechCrunch
We are looking for a talented financial planner who is excited to bring innovation to financial planning to join our team. Our clients are preparing for the next stage in their life and want help with goals such as buying a house, preparing for a child, investing savings, or being financially responsible. You will work closely with our planning team to provide the best advice and experience to these clients, supporting them from their initial contact with us through creating their plan and providing ongoing service.
As an early employee, you will be a part-owner and have a real impact on the direction of the company. This is an opportunity to step into an important position within a fast-growing technology-forward RIA and help millions of people become confident in their finances.
What you will do --
- Help onboard new clients onto our platform, focusing on understanding their situation, goals, and objectives
- Build personalized financial plans for clients using our technology platform
- Walk clients through their completed plan, then stay in touch with them to answer questions and help them make concrete progress toward their goals
- Collaborate with our product team to improve the experience of clients and planners when using the technology platform
What we are looking for from you --
- Two or more years of experience in financial planning
- Series 65 or other qualification to be an investment adviser representative in California
- A passion for understanding clients needs, and working hard to give them the best service
- The ability to quickly develop an excellent rapport with clients
- A desire to work at an innovative early stage company
What would impress us --
- A professional certification, e.g. Certified Financial Planner
- Experience with clients 25-40 years old
- Quantitative approach to problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and execute
- Previous experience at an early-stage company
We are an equal opportunity employer, and value diversity within our team. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.