Ursa Space Systems is building ground-breaking solutions to deliver global economic intelligence to organizations around the world. Join a passionate and growing team that is making the world more transparent and changing the way organizations understand the global economy. We are looking for self-motivated Geographic Information System (GIS) Technicians to provide assistance for multiple projects with dynamic experience who will support map data editing, quality control, and validate existing data while adhering to team policies and guidelines.
- Analyze satellite imagery from a wide range of providers, image formats, and sensor modalities.
- Work with senior team members on data processing requirements and specifications.
- Performs data research and verification activities.
- Undergraduate degree in GIS, geography/remote sensing, or closely related.
- Familiarity with Windows platforms and software.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work both in a team or independently when required.
- Above all else, intuition, creativity, and flexibility are the most important primary qualifications.
- Familiarity with basic image display packages such as Google Earth, and/or mapping tools such as QGIS or ArcGIS.
- Experience scripting solutions for repetitive tasks (using tools such as Python)
US Persons Only – US Citizen or Permanent Resident