Ursa Space Systems is building ground-breaking solutions to deliver global economic intelligence to organizations around the world. Join a passionate and growing team that is making the world more transparent and changing the way organizations understand the global economy. We are looking for self-motivated Geographic Information System (GIS) Specialists to provide assistance, mapping, quality control, and validation for multiple, cross-functional projects spanning a variety of dataset types.
- Analyze satellite imagery from a wide range of providers, image formats, and sensor modalities.
- Corroborate derived information using non-image datasets.
- Create fusion analytic "pattern of life" products in areas of interest.
- Work with senior team members on data analysis requirements and specifications.
- Performs data research and verification activities.
- Undergraduate degree in GIS, geography/remote sensing, risk analysis, or closely related.
- Familiarity with Windows platforms and software.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work both in a team or independently when required.
- Above all else, intuition, creativity, and flexibility.
- Familiarity with basic image display packages such as Google Earth, and/or mapping tools such as QGIS or ArcGIS.
- Experience scripting solutions for repetitive tasks (using interfaces such as Jupyter Notebooks/Python IDEs)
- Familiarity with multi-source, fusion analyses and assessments.
US Persons Only – US Citizen or Permanent Resident