Ursa is on an unflinching quest to move the world forward with products that bring clear direction, accuracy and positive impact. An intrepid discovery that continually expands your reach and drives bold, confident leaders.
As Vice President of Public Sector Solutions at Ursa, you are responsible for US government sales targeted to defense, civil, and intelligence customers and reporting to company Chief Strategy Officers and company co-founder. This is an exciting opportunity to bring commercial, satellite-based analytics and services to market and drive revenue. In this role, you’re expected to lead the public sector sales effort including developing sales strategy, growing and leading a team, coordinating with strategic partners, shaping opportunities, coordinating proposal and pursuit efforts, and performing direct sales yourself. Join a passionate and growing team that is making new commercial capabilities available to important national security customers.
Position is ideally located in Ithaca, NY or Washington DC, but there is some flexibility.
- Represent Ursa in the US defense, civil, and intelligence customer base, focusing on delivering revenue with key customers.
- Represent customers and work closing with internal Ursa product development team to enhance current products and help guide future product roadmap.
- Develop and execute sales plans to identify customers, shape opportunities, and close business opportunities.
- Build executive level relationships and become a trusted advisor for your accounts.
- Understand complex customer requirements on both a business and technical level; support other teams across the Ursa organization with your understanding of customer requirements and use cases.
- Exceed sales goals to drive growth.
- Lead and grow sales team.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of sales and relationship management experience for data/information products.
- Proven track record of closing complex sales and exceeding quota.
- Overall executive presence, with the proven ability to build high level executive relationships.
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Extremely proactive and organized, with a track record of success in a team environment.
- Strong ability to multi-task, deal with ambiguity, set priorities and switch gears in the wake of rapidly-changing priorities, while ensuring no projects slip through the cracks.
- Ability to lead a diverse team.
- Travel: Moderate to high travel required
- Ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance
- MBA degree.
- 10 years of relationship management experience for information products in US defense, civil, and intelligence customer base.
- Active TS/SCI clearance
US Persons Only – US Citizen