About the Role
Ursa Space Systems is seeking a full-time experienced Sales Director, who will report to the Commercial Director. We are looking to strengthen our dynamic and growing team. This position will encompass new business development, territory growth, and upsell to existing customers. The successful candidate will work closely with Ursa's various internal subject matter experts, analysts, and Commercial Director.
A Day in the life of the Sales Director will include:
- Generate revenue by prospecting and selling Ursa’s Suite of Energy Data Offerings to both new and existing clients
- Responsible for all aspects of the sales process which include prospecting, qualification, setting up a potential trial, product demonstrations, and final negotiations.
- All aspects of the sales process must be handled efficiently and fully documented in Salesforce.com
- Take charge of renewals and upsells to clients
- Gain a thorough understanding of ALL Ursa Energy products.
- Provide input and feedback to Ursa’s operations and development teams
- At least 2 to 5 years of direct B-to-B experience selling high-value data/analysis in energy market or a closely related industry.
- Must have experience with selling to energy traders, analysts, risk managers, or other closely related energy market data recipients at Commodity Firms, Hedge Funds, and Investment Banks
- Experience in building valuable relationships to senior managers and presenting to them
- You are organized, an independent thinker; with the ability to schedule and budget time effectively and someone who focuses on key priorities
- Consistent record of success in exceeding sales targets while maintaining customer satisfaction
- Act without being told what to do
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field; MBA or related Master’s Degree a plus
- Proficiency in software applications including Excel, Word, Outlook and Salesforce.com
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
The Benefits of Working for Ursa
· A good work/life balance
· Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
· 401K Match
· Life Insurance at No Cost to Employees
· Generous Time Off Plan
· Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending
If you are a natural problem solver who loves new challenges, this is an exciting opportunity to be part of a fast growing Alternative Data company as an early member of the team. Join us!