Ursa is looking for skilled software engineers to join our growing team! We are building ground-breaking solutions to deliver global economic intelligence to organizations around the world. There is a lot of cross-pollination here at Ursa. You will have the opportunity to work with a diverse team of highly-skilled developers, working on a variety of projects. There are no egos here - we are looking for the best ideas and are eager to hear your input!
Role and Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate will bring experience in developing and deploying data-driven web service technologies in support of both internal systems and customer-facing applications.
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Contribute to an agile development team building service-oriented infrastructure to support production and distribution of Ursa product line
- Take proof-of-concept algorithms and analytic designs and generate robust and efficient software implementations to run within a containerized software platform space
- Design and implement efficient, modular, well-documented and well-tested code
- Support the product development team to implement customer requirements
- Learn new technologies
- Participate in design discussions and code reviews
- Communicate effectively and collaborate frequently with peers
You should be familiar with some of these - you are not expected to be an expert in all:
- Java (OSGi)
- RESTful services
- NoSQL and/or SQL databases (Cassandra, Redis, MySQL, Postgres)
- Cloud services (AWS, Google Cloud Platform)
- Apache services (Hadoop, Accumulo, ELK Stack)
- Kubernetes, Docker, at-scale deployments
- Understanding of modeling languages (MATLAB, Python, others) in order to translate to production level code
These are skills that we are always looking for but are not required:
- Security best practices
- Machine learning techniques
- Prior experience deploying image and signal processing algorithms for various sensing modalities, including SAR, electro-optical imagery, RF, or others
- Networking/Systems Administration
B.Sc. or M.S. in Computer Science, Information Science, or other engineering discipline in which software development is a focus. Senior positions are available for candidates with more experience.
Locations - Varies; teleworking options considered for strongly qualified candidates.
US Persons Only – US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Application Package via GoogleHire:
- Cover letter
- Developer portfolio sample
- Code/git portfolio sample
We look forward to hearing from you!